Embarassment of Riches -Sit Wallace Week 14? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Embarassment of Riches -Sit Wallace Week 14?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Embarassment of Riches -Sit Wallace Week 14?

Postby dippydoo2 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Due to good drafting, luck with the waiver wire, advoidance of injuries, and not being about to pull off an "upgrade" trade before the trading deadline, I have a good lineup at WR and RB, and I need help figuring out who NOT start this week.

Standard 10 team ESPN league (2RB, 2 WR, one RB/WR Flex) Non PPR...first week of playoffs

My RBs:
LeSean McCoy (plan to start)
Ryan Mathews (plan to start)
Willis McGahee

My WRs
Laurent Robinson (plan to start)
Victor Cruz (plan to start)
Roddy White (plan to start at Flex)
Mike Wallace
Miles Austin
Burress

I'm thinking that the best plan is to start McCoy and Mathews at RB, and Cruz, and White at WR.
That leaves me with one starting spot left to fill and I'm leaning towards Robinson. Does that sound like a good plan?

Here's my thought about these players that factored into this plan:

LeSean McCoy - no way to bench him - he's healthy, so he starts

Matthews - looked good last week. Seems to be back in form, and gets a good matchup against the Bills this week.

Cruz- Big time stud. If active must start.

Robinson - has been looking great. I'm a bit worried about Austin going back, but, if he does, I can see Bryant being hurt more by it than Robinson, because Robinson has just looked too good to not keep getting the ball.

Wallace - returned to form last week, but gets the Browns this week. Not a good matchup, but I am having troubling believing that I could/should bench him.

McGahee - looks good but gets the Bears this week. Plus, all things being equal, I'd put McCoy and Matthews ahead of him.

White - Has been getting a lot of targets, but isn't always making the most of them. However, he is starting to score TDs (FINALLY!). Plus he gets the Panthers this week, and they've been giving up a lot of fantasy points to WRs over the last three weeks.

Austin - may not play, if he does, I don't expect his role to be as big as it was earlier in the season due to both Robinson and the fact that he still may not be 100% in football shape after being out so long.

Burress - not in same league with others...no way i think of starting him here.

Does my though process make sense. Are Wallace, McGahee the right ones to bench this week?
dippydoo2
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Embarassment of Riches -Sit Wallace Week 14?

Postby Skyndalive » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Looks good.........I think I'd probably start Wallace over Robinson.....if Austin plays.

Good luck!
The race among the ruins.
Skyndalive
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dippydoo2 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Going with Wallace over Robinson makes sense IF Austin is active for Sunday's game.
dippydoo2

Postby InstinctiveBeast » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:12 pm

I would leave it as you have it and sit Wallace regardless.

Help?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=510338
InstinctiveBeast
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dippydoo2 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:59 am

Robinson is listed as questionable for this week. He has a slightly separated shoulder. While he is still expecting to play, it is cause for concern, especially sicne Austin practiced Wed.

So, those two issues do worry me. I'd like to wait and see how it plays out later this week, but, since Wallace plays tonight, I can't wait.

Unless some news breaks today regarding Robinson and/or Austin, I think I have to play Wallace and bench Robinson.

Ugh! I hate it when my players are in Thursday night games!!!!
dippydoo2

Return to Who to Start/Bench