Need 2 WR 2 RB and Flex for Must win WHIR!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Need 2 WR 2 RB and Flex for Must win WHIR!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need 2 WR 2 RB and Flex for Must win WHIR!!

Postby InstinctiveBeast » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm in first now, but if I lose I'm in third and lose the playoff bye. 2 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex. Also, I'm thinking about potentially starting Colston since my opponent is starting Brees at QB (then I will have both Colston and Graham taking points from him). What would you do for a non-PPR league? WHIR

RB:
Adrian Peterson - @Det
Kevin Smith - Min
Roy Helu - NE
Michael Bush - @GB
Shonn Green - KC
DeMarco Murray - NYG

WR:
Larry Fitzgerald - SF
Steve Smith - Atl
Marques Colston - @Ten
DeSean Jackson - @Mia
Julio Jones - @Car
Antonio Brown - Cle
(Moss and Crabtree free on Waiver Wire as well)
Last edited by InstinctiveBeast on Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InstinctiveBeast
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need 2 WR 2 RB and Flex for Must win WHIR!!

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Obviously if AD is playing you play him, but I dont think he'll be active this week.. Sooooo, I think the play is Murray, and Helu. Smith may play, but I don't particularly like Detroit RB's as they seem to be more of a pass first team and Minnesota's secondary is really banged up. Bush will be decent, but I fear that the Packers will pull away and take away some of his carries, though he may catch more balls in exchange. Murray should have a solid game, Dallas needs to have a more balanced attack to keep the pass rush off Romo and to keep the ball out of Eli's hands, and the Giants defense is a little soft up the middle. Helu will be involved heavily again, both on the ground and in the air. With Fred Davis out, Helu will get more looks from checkdowns. Shonn Green is interesting, but I think the Chiefs play better run defense then people give them credit for. They held the Bears down pretty good and Pittsburgh had trouble moving the ball on them as well.

For the WR's, I don't particularly like any of the options, none of them jump out as the obvious choice. I think i'd go with Fitz as I think the niners will at least be ahead forcing the Cardinals to throw some, and the niners are vulnerable through the air. Next I'd go with Steve Smith, but that's more because I don't like any of the other choices. Colston is interesting, but there's too many weapons there and you already have the best weapon going for you. DeSean is just too unrelaiable, and frankly hasnt done anything in the past, what 6 games? Julio Jones is a nice option, but I think that Atlanta will be running a lot against the Panthers who give up the most fantasy points to RB's in the league. Antonio Brown, may have a good game, but you have to think the Steelers saw what Rice did to the Browns, so I'd expect a heavy dose of Mendy and not much else.

So, we have Murray/Helu, Fitz/Smith and I think I'd go with Greene at the Flex just because he's the healthy and shouldnt be playing from behind all day.. Obviously if AD is playing you play him at the Flex.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=510339
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby pommona22 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:49 pm

Great post above, yea if ap is active you play him, smith is good but his injuries are killing him, if he is a full go i roll with him but i doubt he will have a full practice, Helu should have a great game and will have aton of checkdowns, with murray i think the main thing is whether or not his FB will be active or not, look at the games hes had with him and without, worlds of difference, if he is active then he is a must start either way, Shonn has risen to flex play material but dont expect more than 13 from him, his tds were a pretty flucky imo, Bush is also interesting and i think he can have a decent game. OVerall id go helu, green, murray if fb active (bush if not). For wr its tough man fitz has been killing me and im sitting him in favor of brandon marshall and AJ this week, i personally love ANtonio this week, he has been consistent and with haden covering Wallace he should have a favorable matchup next i would go with steve smith even though he hasnt has a good game in a while i feel like they will be airing it out because they will be trailing...
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rocket27 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:13 pm

At RB - I would go Peterson (if playing). Then Helu, Murray, Greene (in that order)

At WR - I would go Smith, Colston. Ordinarily I wouldn't favor Colston, but since your opponent has Brees, it might help mitigate the points.

Thanks for your help with mine.
rocket27
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby RiotBoi » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:01 pm

If Peterson plays, start him and murray, Greene at flex.
If not, go with Murray and Greene at RB and flex Roy Helu.
For WR
I would normally choose DeSean Jackson, but since he's been playing
subpar. If Maclin is playing he'll get lots of looks, if not Jackson
will be blanketed. I think your best bet it to think which opposing offense
is going to be getting off the field more frequently and which defense will
hold up the best. This makes me think Steve Smith Julio Jones so go with them.
For flex I always choose a RB over WR unless its someone like Andre Johnson.

ty for your suggestions.
RiotBoi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 22)

Postby djadrock » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:34 pm

Thanks for the help.

RB:
Roy Helu - NE
DeMarco Murray - NYG

UNLESS ADP is in...then you sit Helu.

WR:
Larry Fitzgerald - SF
Steve Smith - Atl

I would be tempted to put Crabtree in FLex.

If not, go with Greene.

Good luck!
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Pl3onner » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:09 am

Wow tough one. Let's assume AP is out. I like Kevin Smith but who knows what'll happen to him this week, healthy or not. I like bush, just not this week. I'd go Helu, Green and Murray.

It's easier to pass on SF than run, and the cards will go down quick and need to pass. I'd go Fitz. and Steve Smith is a must start. Colston is a tempting flex start but Tennessee defense isn't very forgiving.

THanks for your help
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sabercats » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:22 am

RB:
Roy Helu - NE or AP but i dont think AP will play
DeMarco Murray - NYG
Green as flex

WR:
Larry Fitzgerald - SF
Julio Jones - @Car because Atl need a win this week.
Steve Smith lately did not score much so i dont want to take a rish.

Check my case if you can
viewtopic.php?t=510262
Thanks,
sabercats
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 48)

Postby Mizou » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:19 am

InstinctiveBeast wrote:I'm in first now, but if I lose I'm in third and lose the playoff bye. 2 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex. Also, I'm thinking about potentially starting Colston since my opponent is starting Brees at QB (then I will have both Colston and Graham taking points from him). What would you do for a non-PPR league? WHIR

RB:
Adrian Peterson - @Det
Kevin Smith - Min
Roy Helu - NE
Michael Bush - @GB
Shonn Green - KC
DeMarco Murray - NYG

WR:
Larry Fitzgerald - SF
Steve Smith - Atl
Marques Colston - @Ten
DeSean Jackson - @Mia
Julio Jones - @Car
Antonio Brown - Cle
(Moss and Crabtree free on Waiver Wire as well)

Thanks for the help!

I like the idea of using both weapons to mitigate the damage from Brees, os I'd go with Colston as one of the WRs, as I don't see an option that will definitely outscore him. For your other WRs, I'm going with Fitz and Smith, based on "star power." Fitz also has a decent matchup. Smith is a bit riskier, but the potential is there and better than the other WRs if he delivers.

As for the RBs, AP of course is the must start IF he's playing AND healthy. I wouldn't play him if reports say he's any sort of gimpy. I'd compliment him with Helu. If no AP, then Helu and Murray are probably your best bets. Bush, as others have said, is against GB, which might pull his carries down.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby shreddy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:57 pm

I like Prophecy's reasoning. AP is a never-sit if he's a go. If not I'd go Murray then Helu. For WR I'd play Smith and Colston. I think Fitz will actually see some pretty good extra coverage. I'd put Greene in the flex.

Thnx for help w/ mine.
shreddy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench