Benching my D/ST for MNF - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Benching my D/ST for MNF

Moderator: Football Moderators

Benching my D/ST for MNF

Postby SexyRexy » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:08 am

I've locked up the win in the first round of our playoffs and I still have Seattle D/ST to play tomorrow and my opponent has no players left. I'm going to bench my D/ST just to avoid STL putting up a monster game and Seattle getting me negative points and costing me the playoffs.

I'm just posting this to see what you guys think of this move. I'm not going to be changing my decision but I'm curious if any of you guys would have beef with a player that did this.
Tebow Rushes 4 Your Sins
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 2TE, 1D/ST, 1K
QB: Ryan, Tebow
RB: Forte, Murray, MJD, Spillier (RB/WR), Saine
WR: Wallace, V Jax, Lloyd, Julio Jones, Knox, Tate
TE: Gonzalez, Celek
D/ST: Texans, Bears, Seahawks
K: Crosby
SexyRexy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Benching my D/ST for MNF

Postby Picksburgh » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:13 am

SexyRexy wrote:I've locked up the win in the first round of our playoffs and I still have Seattle D/ST to play tomorrow and my opponent has no players left. I'm going to bench my D/ST just to avoid STL putting up a monster game and Seattle getting me negative points and costing me the playoffs.

I'm just posting this to see what you guys think of this move. I'm not going to be changing my decision but I'm curious if any of you guys would have beef with a player that did this.

I think its fine.
Picksburgh
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TaDa » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:00 am

Only time I'd have an issue with it is if you were benching your slots to give the other team the win. You benching the D to prevent a possible loss is just strategy. ;-D
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:47 pm

I would do it. I think it is perfectly fine unless your league has implemented a rule of some sort that makes it so you need to fill out every position or it is an illegal roster.

Hopefully you're up by enough that a stat correction won't be applied and you lose :-o
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:20 pm

yep, my league makes it a rule and Im glad. Seems cheap to me but if it aint in the rules, your good.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 226)

Postby bigmck » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:58 pm

I think that is great strategy and have gone a step further several times this year. == On Sunday about 7 PM after the afternoon games and before the Sunday night game starts and I have won my game, I make a roster move. I drop a guy on my team that has not played yet and pickup a free agent I might want. This way I can improve my team for next week and avoid having to pickup the guy off waivers.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:13 pm

If your league allows it then it's legal. I had the same issue...I had S-Jax left, my opponent was done, but I was only up .62 points and I started S-Jax just in case Yahoo adjusted some scoring in my opponent's favor and would cost me the victory. I know the chances of a defense getting negative points is a lot higher than a RB, but the principle is the same.
BALCO All-Stars
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk