Is THIS the week for Hillis? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Is THIS the week for Hillis? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is THIS the week for Hillis? WHIR 100%

Postby chrisjay84 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:30 am

I picked up Peyton Hillis in week ten with an eye specifically for this matchup against Az. I'm strongly considering playing him at my flex, but who do I bench (if any) of the following for him?

Brandon Marshall @ Buffalo (who I'm leaning towards sitting)
Larry Fitzgerald vs. Cleveland (I think if Skelton is playing I'll play Larry, Skelton just looks for him a lot more than Kolb).

My other players are set at Rice, M. Bush, Calvin so these two are the only one I can consider benching for Hillis. I know he's been majorly disappointing this year but is this the game he comes through?

Also if you have any opinions on defenses, do I go Dallas vs. TB or Tenn @ Indy?

WILL HELP IN RETURN 100%
chrisjay84
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is THIS the week for Hillis? WHIR 100%

Postby big choi127 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:38 am

yeah u got a tough decision here, hillis has been not good the past couple of weeks, but they were against tough defenses, and this matchup does seem favorable. I would also put this into consideration though, since hardesty is getting healthier i think they will be splitting the carries. i also think marshall has more upside, if i were u i would go and just stick with marshall. i would not bench fitz though. for the defense i would go with tenn against indy.

could u help with mine. thanks!
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=510740
big choi127
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby drhanl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:41 am

I could not allow myself to play Hillis with any other decent options. I think Marshall is a better option. You might look a little closer at that ari matchup. They are playing very good defense. Hillis has done nothing, o line terrible, no reason at all for me to think he has a big day. I'd keep him on the bench. I agree with ten.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=510744
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby mattbrennan1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:49 am

Consistency is the key in the playoffs and Hillis just isn't. Get as many points as possible. I like the Tennessee defense but the only flag I would have is the passing game under Orlovsky has been twice as effective as with Painter. With a rookie playing qb there could be alot of three and outs and time on the field. Dallas should be safer as horrible as Tampa's offense has been all year.
mattbrennan1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sydewinder » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Agree with the consensus...keep Hillis on your bench. In the one game I saw him in he looked super frustrated the whole time. I think his offensive line has pretty much given up on him this season too, with the whole holdout situation and reports he was "milking" his injuries due to his agent's advice earlier this year.

Not sure if it's as much of the Madden Curse as it is the MONEY (greed) Curse...

I wouldn't touch Hillis with a 10-foot pole...
Sydewinder
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Lucky7 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:04 pm

az has actually been better against the run than at the start of the season. I can't trust Hillis at all at this point. Keep him on your bench and start Marshall who has a nice matchup.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby cpmcda01 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 pm

drhanl wrote:You might look a little closer at that ari matchup. They are playing very good defense.

This. ;-D

viewtopic.php?t=510751
cpmcda01
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Who to Start/Bench