Anyone get the injury bug worse than me? Doubt it! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Anyone get the injury bug worse than me? Doubt it!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone get the injury bug worse than me? Doubt it!

Postby Yceman » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Hopefully, you are at the top of your leagues and have healthy rosters to lead you to a championship, but.........is there anyone else out there like me that has been rolling all season, but now is in danger of a title slipping away because of the injury bug?

Just to give you an idea, I've been demolishing people all year with my roster, but am barely holding on now because of injuries. Here's who I've lost.

Early on:
Jamaal Charles, Kenny Britt, Tim Hightower

Last 3 weeks:
Fred Jackson, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray

A title was looking like a sure thing, but the last 3 weeks especially are killing me! Steven Jackson is my only viable RB now after I'd had so many strong backs all season.

Sorry, just had to vent somewhere! Anyone else have worse luck than me this season?
Yceman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Anyone get the injury bug worse than me? Doubt it!

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:59 pm

wow... please do me a favor, and PM me any and all running backs you use in the future, so I know to avoid them :-*

I was fortunate enough not to get hit that bad. In one league I had Charles and Hillis :-P as my main RBs, that didn't work out so well. But what was I thinking with Hillis anyway. I should have known better than to draft anyone from Cleveland.

and ouch on SJAX being your only option at this point. I havent looked at their schedule, maybe Stlew has some soft D's the next couple weeks, hopefully.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FFslacker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:25 pm

I have been through Charles, Best, Graham, Schaub, Amendola (though stl hasn't been too hot this year), and someone else I don't remember atm but espn tells me i have had 6 i.r.
Luckily I am hanging in the playoff atm because of snatching Tebow, Lynch, Helu, and the emergence of Harvin of late.

I would hate to have lost as many rb's as you have lost. That is definitely devastating to any fantasy team.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby theblackhole » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:54 pm

My first 3 draft picks in my 12 team league were Andre Johnson, Peyton Hillis, Antonio Gates. I think i've had 1 week where they were all healthy at the same time.
theblackhole
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mr.Joshua » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Those are some tough beats...(knocks on wood) I lost Britt early but thankfully hit on Jordy and SS. Worst hit in my league was a strong team who is still in the semi's this week even though he lost Fred Jax and Forte.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 231)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting