is this collusion? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

is this collusion?

Moderator: Football Moderators

is this collusion?

Postby Professorxxx » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:40 pm

The issue.... One of our players is a 2 time defending champion. If he wins this year he would have a threepeat. None of us want this but I do want to be fair.

2 time champ has serious QB problems and needs to pick up a decent QB for the next round.
We do have free agent budgets. In which the team he is going to face this week has plenty of $.
Some of the teams out of the playoffs still have $ but don't want to see a threepeat.

Is it collusion to effectively QB waiver BLOCK the 2 time champ by trying to outbid him by picking up a QB or 2? Best answer will be added to my league's constitution.

Thanks guys. ;-D
Professorxxx
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: is this collusion?

Postby Mr.Joshua » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Outbid him to keep him from rostering a better qb? No way is that collusion, its smart ;-D
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby m16a » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:00 pm

hey profx,

I've moved your topic to Commissioners Corner, where it belongs so it can get the proper lovin.

Mr.Joshua wrote:Outbid him to keep him from rostering a better qb? No way is that collusion, its smart ;-D

If I am reading your post right, I definitely agree with Mr. Joshua. Nothing is at all wrong with someone outbidding/placing a claim/adding a player in order to prevent someone else from getting that player. That's just savvy business. I believe in business and military fields it's called "asset denial". It has happened to me, and has been done to me on a number of occasions. I hope his helps.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Professorxxx » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Let me rephrase the question.

Is it collusion for the OTHER teams (not just the one he is playing against) in the league to try to QB block so the 2 time champ cannot get a decent QB?
Thus blocking him from getting his threepeat.

Sorry, I posted it there because I was getting no views.

Thanks
Last edited by Professorxxx on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professorxxx
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mr.Joshua » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:19 pm

oh....if its a team thats already out of the playoffs, thats another story. We dont let teams that are out make moves. That should be the rule in every league if you ask me. Even if its not in the rules, i think its a BS move. No one wants to see a team 3-peat but if he earned it, its better than stopping him with a cheap move like that.
Wilson
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Professorxxx » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Mr.Joshua wrote:oh....if its a team thats already out of the playoffs, thats another story. We dont let teams that are out make moves. That should be the rule in every league if you ask me. Even if its not in the rules, i think its a BS move. No one wants to see a team 3-peat but if he earned it, its better than stopping him with a cheap move like that.

That is true if the Consolation Ladder didn't mean anything.
Ours does.
They are playing for the draft position there.

I agree and am leaning toward not allowing this to happen but in efforts to keep the rest of the league interested we made the consolation ladder mean something. So it's it's own playoff of sorts.
Professorxxx
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mr.Joshua » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Then its definitely not collusion. As long as something is on the line (draft position) its legit.
Wilson
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Professorxxx » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks bro. You've been more than helpful.
Professorxxx
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby KK_Cowboy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Yeah I have to agree with Mr Joshua on this. In my league, we didn't have a case of collusion, but a team who missed out on making the playoffs last week decided to pick
up Felix Jones this week (for a game that means nothing to the rest of this year or next). It's just a bs move unless there is a legit reason for it.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Mr.Joshua wrote:Then its definitely not collusion. As long as something is on the line (draft position) its legit.

Chipping in another vote for this angle ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner