Bench Wallace??? Playoff Help needed! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Bench Wallace??? Playoff Help needed!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bench Wallace??? Playoff Help needed!

Postby gmcman22 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Standard PPR league. With Big Ben ailing, should I bench Mike Wallace for any of these guys?

Anquan Boldin vs. San Diego (Boldin has been in a slump)
Cedric Benson vs. St. Louis (Hard to rely on Benson...)
Jabar Gaffney vs. Giants (Been hot, but Redskins... and already starting Helu)
Hillis vs.Arizona (INJURIES)

Hard to know what to do. Wallace has been slowing down big time, and with Big Ben hobbling around and questionable to play, it could get even worse. I'm tempted to turn to Benson or Gaffney.

WHIR!
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bench Wallace??? Playoff Help needed!

Postby ccote321 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:49 pm

I would say it's between Wallace and Benson... When it comes to wide receivers, pick the one with the better QB throwing to them. Even though Ben is injured, I'd still rather have a hobbling Roethlisberger throwing to my WR than Rex Grossman. Wallace is good enough to make the plays and fast enough to get yards after the reception. Keep in mind that Benson is also injured, but could still put up some good numbers against STL. Toss up between the two in my opinion, but personally I would feel comfortable sticking with Wallace. When it comes down to it, you have to go with your gut!
ccote321 Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 6)

Postby KK_Cowboy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Benson had 90+ yards against a good Houston run D last week. I know a lot of that was on one run, but that is enough for me to say Benson vs the Rams who are definitely not in the same class as the Texans.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ramble2 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:03 pm

I'd probably still go with Wallace. He's been pretty steady all year, with some very good games and not many stinkers. Even with a tough SF defense and a banged up Roethlisberger, Wallace is still a genuine threat to put up some yardage and hit the endzone.

Benson isn't a bad option though. I think it's a toss-up between him and Wallace. You may just have to go with your gut on this one. I wouldn't sit Wallace because you're worried about him under-performing; bench him if you are high on Benson.

Help with mine? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=510884
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gmcman22 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:09 pm

My dilemma is that I'm not high on either one! Wallace has been in a steady decline, and I think the Steelers run the ball a lot even if Big Ben does play. Benson has an awesome matchup, but Benson puts up stinkers too.

My guess is that in these circumstances, Benson's ceiling is higher, and his floor is lower. In a tight playoff matchup, its a tough call.
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby yankees357710 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:29 pm

i love cedric benson this week he has a great matchup id def go with benson.
yankees357710
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby ramble2 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:17 am

gmcman22 wrote:My guess is that in these circumstances, Benson's ceiling is higher, and his floor is lower. In a tight playoff matchup, its a tough call.

That's your gut. Go with Benson if you think his ceiling is higher. Gotta go for it in the playoffs, and take some risks.
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Who to Start/Bench