SemiFinals of Playoffs...Ben or Rivers? DEF help also, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

SemiFinals of Playoffs...Ben or Rivers? DEF help also, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

SemiFinals of Playoffs...Ben or Rivers? DEF help also, WHIR

Postby crazymike0907 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:43 pm

so I had a first round bye and am now going into the semifinals of the playoffs, and I have a mess at QB and defense, but mainly QB. I have either.

Roethlisberger @ San Francisco or Rivers Vs. Baltimore

Everyone knows about Ben's high ankle sprain and how he may be limited in what he can do. Plus with him having to travel west against a tough SF team doesn't help either. As for Rivers, he's been on fire lately, but the Ravens defense is one of, if not the toughest in all the league. So Rivers could struggle. There isn't a whole lot left on the waiver wire. Just guys like Christian Ponder, Tavaris Jackson, Caleb Hanie & John Skeleton, just to name a few. So what do you think guys? I also have...

Steelers Defense @ SF and Ravens Defense @ SD.

I can't see sitting the Ravens defense considering how hot they have been all year. But I feel the Chargers defense is stronger then the 49ers defense. But then again, if I start Philip Rivers, it wouldn't make much sense for me to start the Ravens defense as well. So any help here would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks again guys, and as always, will help in return!
crazymike0907
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: SemiFinals of Playoffs...Ben or Rivers? DEF help also, W

Postby ftandiama » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:05 pm

crazymike0907 wrote:so I had a first round bye and am now going into the semifinals of the playoffs, and I have a mess at QB and defense, but mainly QB. I have either.

Roethlisberger @ San Francisco or Rivers Vs. Baltimore

Everyone knows about Ben's high ankle sprain and how he may be limited in what he can do. Plus with him having to travel west against a tough SF team doesn't help either. As for Rivers, he's been on fire lately, but the Ravens defense is one of, if not the toughest in all the league. So Rivers could struggle. There isn't a whole lot left on the waiver wire. Just guys like Christian Ponder, Tavaris Jackson, Caleb Hanie & John Skeleton, just to name a few. So what do you think guys? I also have...

Steelers Defense @ SF and Ravens Defense @ SD.

I can't see sitting the Ravens defense considering how hot they have been all year. But I feel the Chargers defense is stronger then the 49ers defense. But then again, if I start Philip Rivers, it wouldn't make much sense for me to start the Ravens defense as well. So any help here would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks again guys, and as always, will help in return!

I've bolded in my picks for you. I say Rivers has the biggest upside this week even though its against the Ravens. Chargers are still in the hunt for a playoff spot so you know they'll be going all out. I like Big Ben, but then again, he's hurting. I'd also go with the Steelers' Def over the Ravens just because, like you said, it wouldn't make much sense to start Rivers and the Ravens at the same time. Also, SF's offense is less explosive than SD's.

Please help me out. Thanks
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=510923
ftandiama
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: SemiFinals of Playoffs...Ben or Rivers? DEF help also, W

Postby crazymike0907 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:23 am

bump
crazymike0907
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff