I Hurd Chicago's drug scene 'took a big hit' - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I Hurd Chicago's drug scene 'took a big hit'

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I Hurd Chicago's drug scene 'took a big hit'

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:53 pm

moochman wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:
moochman wrote:Wonder if the league has the stones to do a full scale investigation into this. Don't know how they couldn't, given the integrity of the game is in question. Hey, just sayin'.

From the article linked above- "Our investigation at this point consists of obtaining whatever information is available from the federal authorities and cooperating with them in any way necessary," League spokesman Greg Aiello said.

Yes cooperating. that is the least they can do. But how in depth will their own investigaton go? do they launch a league wide probe into what may be rampant drug use in the league?.

I read earlier that the DEA is stepping in for a full criminal investigation. That'll focus on Hurd and his croonies. As for what the league itself will do, I'd bet Goodell is looking into options to clone Tim Tebow so all players in his league can be virtuous and pure. I know players are subject to substance testing, can RG order everyone in the league to take a test, right now? I guess the reason not to do that is that he may find a problem far more extensive than expected and cripple the entire league.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:01 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I read earlier that the DEA is stepping in for a full criminal investigation. That'll focus on Hurd and his croonies. As for what the league itself will do, I'd bet Goodell is looking into options to clone Tim Tebow so all players in his league can be virtuous and pure. I know players are subject to substance testing, can RG order everyone in the league to take a test, right now? I guess the reason not to do that is that he may find a problem far more extensive than expected and cripple the entire league.

I think RGood may be hiding a lack in control with the drug policy. The realization of a league without PEDs probably made it easier to had a relaxed tesing procedure. Heck, even our savior can't be overlooked. You don't get arms like those pumping bibles.

Okay, no lightenting bolts, I'll go on. :-b I think the league may be operating on the cusp of lack on institutional control when it comes to drugs. There don't seem to be many suspensions for drugs that don't involve a player getting into legal troubles first, does there? No easy answer here because the truth is that we can't handle the truth.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:03 pm

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised to see some very popular names be given up for a lighter sentance...this is going to get ugly...
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 233)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:32 pm

I see it two ways: they have a list and proof, or they have a list or maybe don't have a list and no proof to go with either, and are trying to send the coop scattering and see who might turn on who for protection.

The league itself, well it's in their contracts they can and will be tested. Performance enhancers are maybe the main concern here but I guess one can't pick and choose if they are trying to protect the integrity of the game across the board. Enough bad apples turn up and the league could simply start testing all players, all the time. Invasion of their personal privacy? I can certainly see that argument. Did they abandon that when signing their contract? Yeah, they did. All players are subject to testing, are they not? I could be wrong on the contract details.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Previous

Return to Football Talk