Stacked but REALLY bad matchups. HELP pls! WHIR, promise! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Stacked but REALLY bad matchups. HELP pls! WHIR, promise!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stacked but REALLY bad matchups. HELP pls! WHIR, promise!

Postby Chibears » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:31 pm

OK guys and gals,

If you're reading this, you are in the same boat as me....still pushing for that champeeeenship! Good luck to you all!!

Got Ray Rice locked in at RB1 and Megatron locked in at WR1 but need a second RB, a second WR and a flex (RB or WR). League is NOT PPR, point for every 25 yards rush or receiving.

RB - Steven Jackson hosting Bengals - He's their only offense, scored last week and Bengals rush D has kinda trailed off lately.
RB - Ryan Mathews hosting Ravens - He's been hot lately but Ravens D is tough against both pass and rush. Will he catch a lot of swing passes maybe?
RB - LaGarrette Blount hosting Cowboys - Bucs will need to control clock and Cowboys rush D has been mediocre lately.

WR - Vincent Jackson hosting Ravens - He's been soooo up and down this year and it's the Ravens D. If I start him, do I sit Mathews then?
WR - Antonio Brown at 49ers - Been top 15 WR all year and 49ers strongest asset is their rush D. Big Ben is hurting though and no way I'm starting him with Charlie Batch. If Big Ben goes, is fairly attractive matchup.

So, pick one RB, one WR and one RB OR WR for me and leave a link....I'll be happy to give my humble opinion! :)

Thanks ahead of time and good luck to you!!
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stacked but REALLY bad matchups. HELP pls! WHIR, promi

Postby sorryazzcerrato » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:50 am

Thanks for the help on mine. I would sit Blount and Brown. The QB situation is what's scaring me off Brown otherwise I would probably have him going. Jackson and Mathews have tough match-ups but like you said, Mathews pass catching could make for a great day and the entire STL offense revolves around SJAX. They couldn't punch it in WITH Bradford from the one on 8 consecutive plays until they gave it to SJAX. With a back-up QB, SJAX all day.
Good luck man.
sorryazzcerrato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tripower » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:03 pm

I'm going to have to believe in Steven Jackson just like the Rams do, as that's about all they've got. I think the Ravens D will shut Matthews down and I don't have a whole lot of confidence in Blount anymore.

In regard to you WR, I'd take Antonio Brown over VJax. I think the best value in San Diego's pass game this week will be Antonio Gates. The O line will have their hands full which will hinder River's ability to get the ball down the field.

Big Ben will start and will probably take the ball out of the shotgun most of the time, as to avoid running around on that ankle. He'll also want to get the ball out quickly as to avoid being knocked down too much. That said, I think he'll want to go to his slot receiver more often than down the field. Guess who his slot receiver is.....Antonio Brown :)

Help with mine please. viewtopic.php?t=511200
tripower
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby Egg2828 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Mathews Blout Sjax WR

Cowboys D is iffy and gave up 100 to Jacobs last week.
Jackson vs cin no Bradford. F that. They suck and
Have scored 1td in last 4-5 games. No thanks.
Money $hot
Egg2828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 36)

Postby idrive300 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:16 pm

The ryan matthews train stops here. His last three games were great but all against very soft run defenses. Baltimore is the real deal and they will limit him greatly. Plus tolbert is going to get all of the goal line snaps. That being said you have to start vjax, since rivers is riding a 2 game win streak and the chargers know that they must win this week to stay alive, especially since denver has drawn brady and co. San Diego will be one game out of first after sunday, but only if rivers airs it out. Chargers WRs will have a great chance to put up some big #s.

I love SJax but the rams just dont get him close enough to the goal line to score. He will certainly get his yards though, safe estimate 16-18 carried for around 100 yards.

The cowboys just let another big back (Jacobs) rip them up last week for 100+ yards and 2 TDs. LGB is very similar to Jacobs and you have to start him against the cowboys in the Bucs final home game of the year.

So there you have it - Blount at RB2, VJax at WR2, and if Big Ben looks good then go with Brown at flex, otherwise play it safe with Steven Jackson and take your 100 yards+no TDs.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=510901
idrive300
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench