Two Questions... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Two Questions...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Two Questions...

Postby awdTone » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:24 am

Hey guys, new to the forum but a veteran football enthusiast. I have two question I'm looking for some opinions on.

First, Should I start Peterson or Felix Jones. Normally this would be a no brainer but AP is coming of injury and may be limited on Sunday. Plus theres always the possibility of re injuring himself. Jones looked real good against a decent Giants D last week. Now he's playing TB who's run D is just terrible. Im just worried because i don't think Jones ever got me more then 15 points. and i need a win or I'm out of the playoffs

Second, should I start the inconsistent Mark Sanchez, or Matt Hasselback who is kind of injured. I would probably go Sanchez on any other week but Hasselback is playing Indy. And iv pretty much started any players who are playing the Colts. So what do you guys think. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Non PPR btw.
awdTone
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Two Questions...

Postby sorryazzcerrato » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:14 am

I think you have to play Felix. There is too much uncertainty with AP's injury and the fact that MIN could be behind by 21 points quick vs. that NO OFF. I think that Felix is a safe pick with huge upside, you know that he will get all of the RB touches and he is the type of back that can break one at any time.

In terms of your QB, can't you hit the waiver wire? I mean Rex Grossman is a better option IMO than those 2 guys. If I had to choose between the 2 you mentioned, I would go Sanchez. I don't like the Locker situation in TENN and they could be using the run game heavily vs. IND. PHI DEF has given up some huge plays this year and while WR1 have not done well vs. PHI, WR2 and WR3 have (not to mention TE), but I would hit the WW and look for a QB not mentioned in your post.
Good luck.
Help on mine:
viewtopic.php?t=511167
sorryazzcerrato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awdTone » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:38 am

thanks for the help. There really isn't much on the wire. Although Grossman is available. Do you really think that Grossman will do ok? Giants could be a tough D at times. I will consider it though. Thanks again
awdTone
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby sorryazzcerrato » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:51 am

I think Grossman depends on how your league scores. In mine, 4 pts TD and -2 INT and fumble, Rex has averaged 19.2 points over the past 4 weeks. Also, Romo killed NYG secondary last week, 300+ yds and 4 tds. Before that was NO and GB (all 3 are high octane OFF) but all 3 scored 4 passing TDS and over 300 yds so I would say they are beatable. I am not comparing Grossman and WASH to those in any way but 250 yds and 2 scores seems like a good bet.
If you are uncomfortable with Rex, Dalton and CIN are playing STL who have lost 9 CBs this season to IR.
Good luck.
sorryazzcerrato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awdTone » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:21 am

ya my league is the same. Unfortunately Dalton is unavailable. But I prob will take a gamble on Rex. Thank a lot for your help.
awdTone
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby awdTone » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:23 am

anyone else?
awdTone
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby tripower » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:34 am

I don't think you can sit either AP or Felix Jones. Who's the other RB you were gonna start, and who's your flex player?

And I'd give Sanchez the nod over Hasslebeck.
tripower
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby awdTone » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:36 am

already played mjd :-( no flex...2 qb 2 rb 4 wr te k D...would u start Sanchez over Grossman?
awdTone
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby tripower » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:55 am

Grossman over Sanchez. I think Sanchez will have too much pressure and will make poor decisions again.

And IMO, you cannot shy away from your best player. AP is your best RB whether or not he's coming off injury. I'm not saying Felix Jones is a bed choice, I'm just saying AP is better. You should go with AP.
tripower
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby awdTone » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:59 am

can't argue with that. your absolutely right. thanks
awdTone
Cheerleader
Cheerleader