RB advice needed WHIR 100% guarantee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

RB advice needed WHIR 100% guarantee

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB advice needed WHIR 100% guarantee

Postby sorryazzcerrato » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:07 am

DeMarco Murray injury leaves me even more thin at RB. Non PPR, choose 1 to starat with Ray Rice:

Blount vs. stout DAL DEF and likely to be playing from behind the entire game
or
Ryan Grant, unreliable RB playing a poor KC DEF with RB mates possibly out
or
Ben Tate vs. terrible CAR DEF, roll the dice that he gets significant touches and they want to rest Foster.

Also, choose 2, same league:
Brandon Lloyd, probably a back-up QB vs. CIN
Desean Jackson vs. NYJ and possible Revis
D. Thomas (DEN) and the Christian Warrior vs. the porous NE secondary

Thanks in advance and leave a link.
sorryazzcerrato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB advice needed WHIR 100% guarantee

Postby flbowguy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:14 am

Thanks for the fast response... outta those 3 it's a toss between Blount and Tate. I would probably go with Blount. You know he's going to start and the potential is there, Coach Morris is on the hot seat so he'll go with his stars this week, he needs a win. The reason Tate is a no-go is I believe the Texans won't rest Foster unless it's a blowout, Foster was quiet last week and I believe he's gonna want to put up some numbers. Tate will get 8-10 touches as usual but I don't see a big game.
flbowguy
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby sorryazzcerrato » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:40 am

other thoughts??
sorryazzcerrato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby POJO_Risin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:53 am

I would definitely start Tate in this one. I don't even think it's going to be a question with regards to his touches. That's going to be a high scoring game, and both backs will tear up CArolina.

I'd also start DThomas...because of that match-up, and the fact that he's now the real #1 there in Denver...getting targeted a ton...

Help if you can...

viewtopic.php?t=511156
"All my friends now...they look up to me...the wish they could be...a lot more like me..." DLR
POJO_Risin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chibears » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:03 am

I lost DeMarco in a couple leagues also....REALLY hurt in one. Anyway, I'd go with Blount also. That chance is there that Cowboys get up big and Blount watches from sidelines but this being the playoffs, I'd rather go that route and hope Bucs stay close than other two options.

Thought long and hard about Tate...I have him in one off my leagues and still thinking about starting him....but again, this being the playoffs,it's hard to start him hoping for carries, even though my guess is it's a high scoring game.

Grant looked fresh last week and Chiefs are lousy against rush but ya got Kuhn, Saine and now Starks may be back on limited basis too. Go with your stud and start Blount.

Lastly, I'd go with Thomas and Deshaun. Revis rotates if other teams don't have a true #1 and if anything, Maclin would be that #1 now. Lloyd may be TRYING to catch passes from Tom Brandstatter or Kellen Clemmons. Ouch!

Got a minute?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=511147
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby sorryazzcerrato » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:11 pm

I'm leaning Grant. Am I crazy?
sorryazzcerrato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby imissbdawk » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:20 pm

thanks for the response. for your rb situation, IMO the safest option is legarrette blount. who knows how much grant will be used (besides that stellar game last week he's been a non factor) and I wouldn't gamble on tate just yet. as for wide receivers, I'd go with demaryius and desean. lloyd's been a disappointment plus cincinatti's defense is really good this year. just my opinions. hope they help. good luck!
imissbdawk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Player » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:55 pm

I would go with Grant. GB wants a perfect season so this will run Grant until they get a big lead...which might mean only 80 yards and two TD. Acceptable?

I don't see Starks playing this week...no reason to bring him back early. The other GB backs will get garbage time carries when things get sloppy and unpredictable (fumbles).
Player
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby KK_Cowboy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Grant for RB and Lloyd and Thomas for WR. I have Blount and I just don't see TB staying in this one very long. It would be different if I knew Tb could even keep it close or lead like they did last week for a bit. Jackson goes against a good secondary. Lloyd and Thomas have more favourable matchups.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Who to Start/Bench