Suggestions at WR... WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Suggestions at WR... WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Suggestions at WR... WHIR

Postby flbowguy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:46 am

We start 3 WR's... I don't know who to go with, I think I should stick with what I got, but my options are persuasive enough to ask you guys for your opinion. Can't afford a goose egg or low pts in the playoffs against the top seed for our league.

It's a PPR league- point/10yd with a bonus 3pt at 100 & 200

My Options:
Current starters: Dez Bryant @ TB , Santana Moss @ NYG, Mike Williams vs DAL
Bench: Jabar Gaffney @ NYG, Reggie Wayne vs TEN ,Pierre Garcon vs TEN

My gut feeling keeps tell me I should play Gaffney this week. I think Gaffney and Moss compliment each other well. The Giants secondary is weak and the matchups are favorable. But at the same time I don't know who to replace him with? Bryant is losing light to Robinson and Austin, and Williams is hit/miss with a banged up QB. I could put Gaffney in the Flex but I currently have K.Smith there. I have always played a starting RB there over a WR (less risk). A solid 15 pts/WR would really help.

Tell me what you guys think, it's my first year in a competitive league and making it to the final would make for some great trash talk not to mention a shot at the trophy.

Leave a link and I'll weigh in on yours as well. Thanks
flbowguy
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Suggestions at WR... WHIR

Postby sorryazzcerrato » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:57 am

If you move anyone out of the lineup I would remove Williams. You have to leave in Dez because every time DAL gets in the redzone they look for Dez on a jump ball.
As a lifelong Redskins fan, although it's been tough to keep my head up recently, I would be very skeptical of starting 2 WASH WRs. Moss, especially in PPR, is a good play, but Gaffney is so up and down, like Rex. I do expect Rex to put up some numbers and the NYG have been shredded over the last 3 weeks. However, in a semifinal to start 2 Skins WRs is really risky. D Thomas (DEN) available? Or I think i may leave Williams in and hope that Mike Jenkins (Q) does not play for DAL.
Good luck.
Mine:
viewtopic.php?t=511167
sorryazzcerrato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Suggestions at WR... WHIR

Postby flbowguy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:20 am

As far as D.Thomas or other WW picks, there isn't much to choose. I see what you saying about 2 WAS WR's, but the match-up looks good. I am gonna keep Dez and Moss in, its the decision of Gaffney over Williams. Williams as been quiet but the Freeman was hurt so maybe that had a lot to do with it. With my luck I'll be beating myself over this decision and Garcon will put up a sensational game. (Has happened before haha)
flbowguy
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Who to Start/Bench