Note to self(and newbies): more teams not better than less - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Note to self(and newbies): more teams not better than less

Moderator: Football Moderators

Note to self(and newbies): more teams not better than less

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:11 pm

I absolutely LOVE FFB and look forward every year for the beginning of the year when sites open their FFB league sites so I can start planning my drafts, trades and lineup for the first game. Due to my physical disablements and lack of money, Fantasy sports has replaced golf for me.

This year, thinking that more is better, I went with 22 teams spread across 4 different FFB sites. Over the year, they took up alot of my time and effort which I thought would pay off come game day. However, many weeks come Sunday night, I ended up rooting against myself or hoping that Brady had a good day, but not too good and threw his TDs to Hernandez or Law Firm, for example.

All in all, having so many teams took alot of the fun out of FFB when it came to actually watching the games while rooting for my FFB players.

So, this coming year, I will be cutting back to about half of this years total with only about 10-12 teams.

What has been other fanatical (like me) FFB owners over the years. What's the perfect number of teams to own, in your experience and opinion?
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Note to self(and newbies): more teams not better than le

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:01 pm

I do 3 leagues. One for free, and 2 money ones. Any more than that and you have to many players in one league who you have to route against in your others.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby moochman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:16 pm

I will only do four leagues again next year. It helps that one is a dynasty, one is a dedicated Cafe Lions fan league, one a two QB league, and the other is the first league I ever joined. The difference makes them all fresh to me, but given the pressure life exerts on my time, I really should be in half as many.
But who said addiction would be easy? :-°

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Thanks to you both the for help!
In all these years, don't know if I know you Dawinner, but thanks and good to meet you, so to speak, finally.
Hey Mooch... long time no talk to. Hope you are well.

How bout the split between the different types of leagues?

I got heavily involved in a bunch of dynasty leagues and added redraft leagues just to fill out alot of the IDs on the different sites, but found that the Dynasty leagues require alot more time and usually are alot more competitive. And, if I had a team that was hopeless for the next few years, I lost interest and with so many teams just didn't pay much attention to it.

Right now, I think I will keep out of the 22 teams I had this past year:
- 3 Dynasty Teams
- 3 Keeper Teams
- 6 Redraft Teams which include 4 site specific Laddered Progression Leagues

That means I have 4 money leagues and 8 free leagues.

I am still wavering on a few more leagues, both dynasty's, which I have belonged for awhile and almost feel like I should stay just to help the league sick around for next year?

Thanks again for the help and advice!
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:58 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:Thanks to you both the for help!
In all these years, don't know if I know you Dawinner, but thanks and good to meet you, so to speak, finally.
Hey Mooch... long time no talk to. Hope you are well.

How bout the split between the different types of leagues?

I got heavily involved in a bunch of dynasty leagues and added redraft leagues just to fill out alot of the IDs on the different sites, but found that the Dynasty leagues require alot more time and usually are alot more competitive. And, if I had a team that was hopeless for the next few years, I lost interest and with so many teams just didn't pay much attention to it.

Right now, I think I will keep out of the 22 teams I had this past year:
- 3 Dynasty Teams
- 3 Keeper Teams
- 6 Redraft Teams which include 4 site specific Laddered Progression Leagues

That means I have 4 money leagues and 8 free leagues.

I am still wavering on a few more leagues, both dynasty's, which I have belonged for awhile and almost feel like I should stay just to help the league sick around for next year?

Thanks again for the help and advice!

Agree with you on the dynasty IDP leagues. They take more devotion than I can give them to do them justice. Just can't seem to find the time to scout the rookies well, especially on the D side. Still an awful lot of leagues there, Maven. GL with them, hope your success outweighs your enjoyment. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Return to Football Talk