Another Kahlil Bell question, play him over Turner ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Another Kahlil Bell question, play him over Turner ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Another Kahlil Bell question, play him over Turner ?

Postby Woodsy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Im not sure Turner is going to have many carries as I believe the game is going to be a shoot out ,and Atlanta will be playing catch up. Marion Barber was just ruled out so Bell is now getting all the carries. Should I pull Turner for Bell ????
Last edited by Woodsy on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start- 1QB,2WR,2RB,1Flex,1K,1DEF
Standard Scoring, except bonus points for long plays and defense which is 10 pts for a TD, 3 pts for a sk, int or fum rec. 8 team keeper league
Woodsy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Another Kahlil Bell question, play him over Turner ?

Postby abby1 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Bell
abby1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bearsfan50 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:35 pm

In two words: Hell NO! ATL always plays NO tough and Turner will get 20-25 carries. It's the championship, are you really going to bench a 2nd rd pick with the Bears 3rd string rb?

Mine: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=511698
bearsfan50
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Woodsy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:46 pm

I dont think the question is that far out of line ! Turner looks like he is out of gas to me. He has not topped 100 yards in a month !! Also as I said earlier once the saints go up the Falcons are going to be throwing not running. I think the only way Turner has a big game is if Atlanta stays out front and tries to grind it out. I kinda think Bell will be out to prove himself but maybe im wrong about that too !!!!
Standard Scoring, except bonus points for long plays and defense which is 10 pts for a TD, 3 pts for a sk, int or fum rec. 8 team keeper league
Woodsy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Woodsy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:12 pm

anyone else ?
Woodsy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby PhoKingGuy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:17 pm

I like how 'bearsfan50' was so adamant about not starting Kahlil haha

It's not too far fetched. Bell should get a lot of touches and even if they fall behind he'll be a great checkdown out of the backfield for McCown making his first start. On the other hand, NO has to respect the ATL WRs so they can't stack the box too much to stop Turner. I agree that it looks like he lost a step, but that was never his strength. He should still be able to run through a few people. Plus it's nice to have those players going on Monday Night.

It's a tough call, but when it's close like this, I say dance with the one you brought (unless you've been sitting Kahlil on your bench all season, in which case, you're on your own) haha. Go Turner.
PhoKingGuy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ATLbraves » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Can't sit your studs now. The Saints and Falcons always play each other very close, and Turner is very valuable in close games. The Falcons will give him 20-25 carries guaranteed. There is really no telling how many carries Kahlil Bell will get.

Start Turner.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=511637
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Woodsy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Its interesting ! I have been looking through this board and people are starting Bell over players like Lynch and Steven Jackson. Make me think even more I should start him over Turner !!
Woodsy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby klocektime » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm in a Khalil Bell predicament myself --- trying to decide whether to start him or Steven Jackson. I think Bell is the bigger risk, but with more upside.

Turner is a stud and you drafted him for a reason --- sometimes you gotta remember that. I doubt he'll give you a dud night --- prob at least 70 yards and if he gets a score you are golden. If I were in your shoes i'd go with Turner.

What do you think about me ---- would you start Bell or Jackson? I did get a nice 23 points out of Arian Foster last night already...
klocektime
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Woodsy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:52 pm

I think I would start Bell over Jackson.... That Pitt D is no joke. I dont think Bell will do worse that Jackson. I think Chicago is going to try to run the ball to keep Rodgers off the field until he sits in the second half !! Thanks for the help..
Woodsy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench