Adrian Peterson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Adrian Peterson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adrian Peterson

Postby UnitedFive » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:23 am

What do you guys think about the injury to Adrian Peterson, do you think that they should of played him or sat him out a little bit longer to prevent further injury or would it of not made a difference?
UnitedFive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adrian Peterson

Postby mattb47 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Eh, injuries are a huge crapshoot and can happen any time so it's not something I blame the team for or anything. If your best player says he's good enough to play and wants to you're probably going to let him do just that.

As for his injury, it's a bad one and it will certainly affect his draft status for next year. He's a beast and he's the kind of player people will take a chance on earlier than maybe they should because he could be a reason you win your league if he comes back even close to how he was pre-injury but the track record for those coming back the season after major knee surgery is just not very good. I would probably steer clear of him next year and even if he has a bad year I would be targeting him heavily the year after unless he had another injury.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Minnesota Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said at the NFL Annual Meeting in Palm Beach, Fla., on Wednesday that running back Adrian Peterson is beginning to run "on land" this week. The coach said he is still cautiously optimistic that Peterson will be ready by Week 1 of next season.

Peterson tore ligaments in his left knee in the Vikings' second-to-last game last season and missed the finale.

Frazier said at the NFL Scouting Combine last month that Peterson had to run in a swimming pool before he could begin running on land.

Peterson is "just beginning to run this week on land," Frazier said Wednesday while addressing reporters at the meeting. "It's too early right now to say he's absolutely going to make the first game but so far he's on target with everything we've asked him to do."

more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:08 pm

I think Peterson is still top 8 material in redrafts this year. He'll start the season slow with limited playing time but should be good to go 100% by mid-season. I still think the Vikings are going to limit him to 20 touches a game (and all goal-line work) if they can help it given Gerhart has played decent behind him but with Peterson 20 touches is usually enough.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Wed May 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Caution tempers optimism on Peterson's return date
Article by: DAN WIEDERER , Star Tribune
Updated: May 8, 2012 - 10:00 PM

The RB has a Sept. 9 target - if the head trainer approves.

Adrian Peterson still has that optimistic goal, one he hasn't backed down from since having surgery Dec. 30 in Alabama to repair torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his left knee. Peterson wants to be back in action by Sept. 9, the day the Vikings open the 2012 season against Jacksonville.

Eric Sugarman has the same goal for the star running back. Only Sugarman, the Vikings' head athletic trainer, wants to attach an asterisk to all the talk of a triumphant opening day return.

"I love Adrian," Sugarman said Tuesday. "But let's make this clear: I'm still not going to be quoted as saying he's going to play in the first game. That's not fair. I don't know that."

So what about Peterson's eagerness to vocalize Sept. 9 as a potential milestone date?

"He'll keep throwing that out there. And good for him," Sugarman said. "That's great. That's obviously our goal, to get him playing the first game. But only if he's functionally safe to do it. This is our franchise. We can't be foolish about this."

con't...

more: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 01185.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby murphysxm » Wed May 09, 2012 8:48 pm

There is a pretty clear and consistent track record of running backs coming back less than a year when an ACL is concerned, it ain't pretty (http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/09000d ... back-stats) There is no way I take him first round in any league. I might take him late in rd 2 in a keeper league, but round 3 is the spot I'd like to take him.

You usually don't win fantasy leagues by your first round pick, but you can absolutely blow as season based on your 1st pick. Round 1 for me has to come with as few question marks as possible. AP is going to have them.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed May 09, 2012 9:19 pm

AP is a third or fourth round pick to me. Any spot before that I feel is reaching and risking far too much.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed May 09, 2012 10:25 pm

I'll let someone else over pay for him. Most acl injuries are tough to be the same the next year. The year after is when you get good value out of a player with a torn acl
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Calyxes » Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 pm

I am not going to take him in the first two rounds in any league. If I can get him in the third round of a draft I would feel comfortable taking him there. I think he will do well towards the end of the year but history shows that guys with his injury usually don't have monster seasons after the injury.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Willing to bet Peterson comes back just fine this year. The guy is in better shape than pretty much everyone in the league and works harder than almost anyone as well. This guy wants to play and set a goal. The Vikes won't ride him as hard as they always have, but that may benefit him as he will be fresher down the stretch. i would love to have him in the latter part of the year and come FF playoff time. The guy is a beast and will put up great numbers again next year
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk