Adrian Peterson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Adrian Peterson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Adrian Peterson

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Fri May 11, 2012 8:47 am

deerayfan072 wrote:Willing to bet Peterson comes back just fine this year. The guy is in better shape than pretty much everyone in the league and works harder than almost anyone as well. This guy wants to play and set a goal. The Vikes won't ride him as hard as they always have, but that may benefit him as he will be fresher down the stretch. i would love to have him in the latter part of the year and come FF playoff time. The guy is a beast and will put up great numbers again next year

I agree with this and do believe he will be "fine". But the important question is what round do you risk your pick for a guy who will be "fine"?
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mr.Joshua » Fri May 11, 2012 10:09 am

It's cases like these that I'm glad my main league doesn't draft until a day or two before the season starts. For early leagues or mocks, I can see people taking a shot around early 3rd....
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:18 pm

B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Willing to bet Peterson comes back just fine this year. The guy is in better shape than pretty much everyone in the league and works harder than almost anyone as well. This guy wants to play and set a goal. The Vikes won't ride him as hard as they always have, but that may benefit him as he will be fresher down the stretch. i would love to have him in the latter part of the year and come FF playoff time. The guy is a beast and will put up great numbers again next year

I agree with this and do believe he will be "fine". But the important question is what round do you risk your pick for a guy who will be "fine"?

early second
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby murphysxm » Sun May 13, 2012 2:34 pm

We will obviously know more when it counts, but AP is clearly going to be a draft pick with many people having different opinions on, much like Chris Johnson of a year ago.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Sources: Adrian Peterson improving
Updated: August 11, 2012, 11:42 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Less than eight months after tearing his ACL and MCL, Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson may be ready to return to the practice field.

Sources told ESPN's Josina Anderson that the Vikings are prepared to take Peterson off the active/PUP list as early as Sunday.

If all goes to plan, Peterson will have limited participation in Minnesota's walkthrough Sunday and have full participation by Tuesday, sources told Anderson.

Peterson suffered the injuries to his knee in a December 24 win over the Washington Redskins last season but is ready to get back on the field.

"I'm ready to get hit. It might sound strange, but just to get that feel," Peterson said earlier in the week.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said earlier this week that, in regards to Peterson's knee: "Everything I'm hearing is extremely positive so we'll see where we are."

con't...

more: http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/s ... ist-sunday
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:47 pm

I still think he will be tentative for a while. The key here is to either get him at a value during the draft or monitor his carries and when you start to see him cutting with confidence get him before he starts to perform normally. Out the gate I do not believe he will be just like before.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:12 pm

Full participation by Tuesday? :-* Wow. I've sworn in the past that he is super human and maybe he really is. At least people will soon get their answer as to have far along his rehab is coming.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby benb18a » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded :-)

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:40 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Full participation by Tuesday? :-* Wow. I've sworn in the past that he is super human and maybe he really is. At least people will soon get their answer as to have far along his rehab is coming.

don't know about super human, but I love the fact that while others are out drinking, smoking, driving stupid, or just beating up on family ADP is out there rehabing the bejezzuz out of his knee. I hate the Viqueens. I want to buy them all lifetime passes on the Lake Minnetonka love boat. One person who wouldn't take advantage of my generousity is Peterson. And for that I can only wish him all the best in his comeback.
And to bleep with the rest of em.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:15 pm

AD is not human. Plain and simple. I stand by my earlier statement on where I would take him.

Great thing is he won't get a full load the first few weeks, so come fantasy playoff time he is going to have less wear on him than in the past and will dominate when you need him the most.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk