Adrian Peterson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Adrian Peterson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Adrian Peterson

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Mr.Joshua wrote:It's cases like these that I'm glad my main league doesn't draft until a day or two before the season starts. For early leagues or mocks, I can see people taking a shot around early 3rd....

Posted this May 11th.....I concur with the others, early 2nd as of now
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KK_Cowboy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:07 pm

In our league's draft he fell to the 4th round and well I really couldn't pass on him there. The only other RB's out there by then were Bradshaw, Beanie Wells, or SJax and well ADP to me has more upside than any of the others mentioned.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier suggested Sunday that Adrian Peterson (knee) could make his preseason debut as soon as this Friday.
"We’re going to get him a little bit more each day (this practice week) and see how he responds," said Frazier. "We need to determine what’s the next step. ... We have some ideas on how we want to approach it. But a lot of it depends on how he feels with some of the things we’re going to give him this week." It sounds like Peterson will play Friday night if the practice week goes well. - per Rotoworld
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Dirt McGirt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:14 am

That is huge news. If he has been in pads for a week now I think its safe to say he is going to be on the field week 1. Its so hard to gamble with that first round pick, but if there has ever been a guy worth the gamble its him. You still have to take Foster, McCoy, and RR. With the strong preseason I would go ahead and throw CJ ahead of him too. After that though I think Peterson is worth the gamble as the next rb off the board.
Dirt McGirt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:38 am

Dirt McGirt wrote:That is huge news. If he has been in pads for a week now I think its safe to say he is going to be on the field week 1. Its so hard to gamble with that first round pick, but if there has ever been a guy worth the gamble its him. You still have to take Foster, McCoy, and RR. With the strong preseason I would go ahead and throw CJ ahead of him too. After that though I think Peterson is worth the gamble as the next rb off the board.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Vikings do not plan to play Adrian Peterson (knee) in Friday's preseason game against the Chargers.
According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, AP isn't likely to play before Week 1. Per Schefter, the Vikings are still expecting Peterson to "argue his case for playing time in the game." If Peterson doesn't play Friday, it means he'd almost certainly receive zero preseason reps, as the Vikings are highly unlikely to run him behind their second-team line (or trot out their first-team line) in their exhibition finale. Aug 20 - 6:34 PM

We are going to need to see him run first before taking that gamble and it doesn't look like it's going to happen at this point. I agree though, a healthy AP deserves first round consideration, he's pretty much creeped up their already. This is making for some great fantasy drama haha.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby TitsMcGahee » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:40 am

I heard on the radio this morning that he won't play at all in pre-season.... not sure what that does to his value.
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Postby murphysxm » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:47 am

I could be dead wrong, but he won't be himself this year and I don't want that out of my 2nd round pick. I won't own him this year
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby TitsMcGahee » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 am

I'm taking him the 3rd or for $30
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Postby joer80 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:12 pm

I picked him up in round 6 in a 4 person league and feel like I got a deal. Just not sure If I am going to start him week 1 or 2 or not since he will likely start slow. (My options are between Adrian, Rashad (MJDs backup, and Steven Ridley.)
joer80
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mr.Joshua » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 pm

yes, 6th round is great value for a 4 teamer
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk