Adrian Peterson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Adrian Peterson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Adrian Peterson

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:07 pm

Adrian Peterson (knee) took hits in Vikings practice for the first time on Monday.
"We put him through some things today," coach Leslie Frazier said. "We told our defense to hit him a little bit and wanted to see how he responded." Frazier also confirmed AP's rehab has remained setback free. "He hasn't had any swelling or any soreness. Everything has gone relatively smoothly at this point." AP is on track for a limited workload in Week 1.
Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities
Aug 27 - 7:04 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... layer-news
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:29 am

Practice will be big factor in Peterson decision
Article by: DAN WIEDERER and CHRIS MILLER , Star Tribune staff writers
Updated: September 6, 2012 - 7:34 AM

The Vikings insist they will not decide whether Adrian Peterson will play in the season opener against Jacksonville until Sunday morning. But what the star running back, who had left knee surgery nine months ago, is able to show in practice this week will go a long way toward influencing that decision.

Coach Leslie Frazier cleared Peterson for full contact Wednesday and Thursday, wanting to see how Peterson responds to the contact, both while it's happening and when the day is done.

"We're going to try to give him as much as we can," Frazier said. "We've got a few plays designed for him in practice. And we'll see how he responds and see what he has to say tomorrow when he comes back."

The official injury report said Peterson was limited at practice. And Frazier said Peterson wouldn't be tackled to the ground.

"What's going to happen on Sunday, we can't simulate in practice at all," Frazier said. "It wouldn't be wise."

Eventually the Vikings coaching and medical staffs will have to make a leap of faith to clear Peterson for game action.

con't...

more: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... ml?refer=y
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:28 am

murphysxm wrote:I could be dead wrong, but he won't be himself this year and I don't want that out of my 2nd round pick. I won't own him this year

I'm gambling that he comes around for the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs. If I can get the old AP by then, he will be worth my 3rd round pick.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:27 pm

joejlitz wrote:
murphysxm wrote:I could be dead wrong, but he won't be himself this year and I don't want that out of my 2nd round pick. I won't own him this year

I'm gambling that he comes around for the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs. If I can get the old AP by then, he will be worth my 3rd round pick.

That's the whole of it, stay in the hunt until mid season and watch what could be by then an elite RB lead the way. Hoping that may work for Mendenhall too.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Favre.com » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Is Gerhart is good start for the first two or so weeks then? How many carries are we projecting for AP and gerhart for the first 2-3 weeks?
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Favre.com wrote:Is Gerhart is good start for the first two or so weeks then? How many carries are we projecting for AP and gerhart for the first 2-3 weeks?

I wouldn't expect to see ADP get many carries this week, so Gerhart should get the bulk of the work. After this, it depends on how well ADP handles the work he got, soreness and swelling wise. You can get more and likely better responses in the Who to Start thread.
viewforum.php?f=19

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Montana168 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:54 am

Looks like all day is going from sick day to half day. What looked like an automatic bench is becoming a borderline RB2/flex play. In the starting lineup and going to get half the carries, which could amount to ~15 carries.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... ainst-jags
Montana168
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk