A Near Year's Greeting (and Request) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

A Near Year's Greeting (and Request)

Moderator: Football Moderators

A Near Year's Greeting (and Request)

Postby Kilroy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:50 am

First off, I'd like to be the first to wish you all a safe and happy New Year's Eve of Celebratory Frivolity, and I very much hope that 2012 treats you and your families with kindness and prosperity.

Second, while I know that my absence from here for so long doesn't exactly put me in a position to ask favors of folks, I have two.

1.) My youngest brother passed away one year ago today, so suffice it to say that New Year's Eve isn't exactly happy happy fun time for my family anymore. If you could, and are the type inclined to do so, please say a prayer for my family on this very difficult day, especially for my mother and brother (Carolyn and Charles), who still live in the house Phil died in, although we are DESPERATELY trying to rectify that...I can't imagine being my bro and walking past the doorway where he found Phil that awful morning every day, and it's literally tearing him apart bit bit by bit.

2.) Be good to one another. Your family, your friends, the person in front of you at the Piggly-Wiggly, whatever. We don't know how much time we'll have here, and we all (myself most definitely included) waste way too much of it angry over meaningless crap or wrapped up in selfish minutiae that means even less.

Happy New Year, and to Met, Knapp, ORS, m16a, and all the other GT kooks I haven't talked to in forever all my best to you and yours. ;-D

I miss you Phil. Every minute of every day. And I regret just as often that I didn't tell you what you meant to me nearly as much as I should have.

Please don't make the same mistake y'all. It's soul-wrenching to deal with. :,-(

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: A Near Year's Greeting (and Request)

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:55 pm

sup Kilroy? Good to see you.

Kilroy wrote:First off, I'd like to be the first to wish you all a safe and happy New Year's Eve of Celebratory Frivolity, and I very much hope that 2012 treats you and your families with kindness and prosperity.

Right back at ya.

Kilroy wrote: If you could, and are the type inclined to do so, please say a prayer for my family on this very difficult day, :,-(

Done.

Kilroy wrote:2.) Be good to one another. Your family, your friends, the person in front of you at the Piggly-Wiggly, whatever. We don't know how much time we'll have here, and we all (myself most definitely included) waste way too much of it angry over meaningless crap or wrapped up in selfish minutiae that means even less.

This request should be applied to every day, not just New Year's ;-D

Be happy and safe, everyone.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:56 pm

That's some tough stuff to deal with Kilroy - good vibes being sent your way bro.

Happy New Years to all 3 of you still visiting GT gang.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby m16a » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Kilroy wrote:First off, I'd like to be the first to wish you all a safe and happy New Year's Eve of Celebratory Frivolity, and I very much hope that 2012 treats you and your families with kindness and prosperity.

Second, while I know that my absence from here for so long doesn't exactly put me in a position to ask favors of folks, I have two.

1.) My youngest brother passed away one year ago today, so suffice it to say that New Year's Eve isn't exactly happy happy fun time for my family anymore. If you could, and are the type inclined to do so, please say a prayer for my family on this very difficult day, especially for my mother and brother (Carolyn and Charles), who still live in the house Phil died in, although we are DESPERATELY trying to rectify that...I can't imagine being my bro and walking past the doorway where he found Phil that awful morning every day, and it's literally tearing him apart bit bit by bit.

2.) Be good to one another. Your family, your friends, the person in front of you at the Piggly-Wiggly, whatever. We don't know how much time we'll have here, and we all (myself most definitely included) waste way too much of it angry over meaningless crap or wrapped up in selfish minutiae that means even less.

Happy New Year, and to Met, Knapp, ORS, m16a, and all the other GT kooks I haven't talked to in forever all my best to you and yours. ;-D

I miss you Phil. Every minute of every day. And I regret just as often that I didn't tell you what you meant to me nearly as much as I should have.

Please don't make the same mistake y'all. It's soul-wrenching to deal with. :,-(

Dang bro. Sorry to hear all that. I'll keep your family in my prayers, and I hope all goes well for you guys. Stay safe out there and it's always good to hear from ya. Don't hesitate to stop by and say what's up. And as a special throwback, just for you, some good ol m16a lols. lol. Srsly man, just lol it up a bit. lol. :-b
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:49 pm

You and Phil are in my prayers bro. :,-(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:48 am

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts - can't even imagine. The best of New Year's to you all, a day or two late.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Sorry I didn't get to this earlier, but request granted ;-D

Hang in there bud and keep your chin up
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Metroid » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:07 am

Good to hear from you buddy. I know I'm late to post, I've been away from the Cafe recently, but my thoughts are with you and yours Kilroy. In November I lost a very close friend, like a brother to me. I wont even begin to tell you, "I know how you feel" because I don't. But I can relate to your sentiment that we should try to be good to each other everyday. You never know what tomorrow may hold.

Love to you and yours bro. - Met
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:50 am

Happy belated New Year's to you all. Good to hear from you, Kilroy. I'm sorry about your brother. It is never easy to lose a family member, especially before their time.

Met, congrats on your new life venture. I know you'll do just fine.

Everyone else - hope your years are full of peace and happiness.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk