Too Early to Think About 2012? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Too Early to Think About 2012?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Too Early to Think About 2012?

Postby dgan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:31 pm

For those of us that had the injury bug, bad luck bug, or bad draft bug (I had at least a portion of all 3), we're looking at a high pick in next year's draft. I've had the top pick wrapped up for a couple weeks. Obviously a lot can change, and there are some notable RBs becoming FAs next year.

However, as things stand right now, who do you like as your top 5 RBs? (Ignorning WR/QB for now...)

I have Ben Tate as a keeper - so if both Foster/Tate are back with the Texans, I'm leaning toward Foster. However, I can't look past Forte, despite the fact he's burned me in the past and is coming off an injury. AP I assume will be avoided based on the injury info we have now. Ray Rice is another realiable star on a good team, and is starting to look more like a short yardage threat. MJD is back as a solid 1st round pick, despite how bad his team has been, but I don't think you can put him in the top 3. Lynch finished the season looking like AP Jr., but what does Seattle look like next year and is it fair to expect him to duplicate?

Thoughts?
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Too Early to Think About 2012?

Postby moochman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Yes its early, but never too early to let the mind wander.
I play PPR leagues so that factors into my picks.
1) MoJo - How can I not pick a guy who leads the league in rushing, is a great pass catching back, on a team with very little talent. I figure if Jones-Drew gets any help for his coach or QB he could lead the league again next year.
2) Ray Rice - Since Flacco Seaguls isn't showing signs of emerging as a QB, Rice will be asked to carry the Ratbirds. And the dude is a PPR beast. If it weren't for a higher upside on MoJo, Rice would be number one. In fact its so close I may change my mind before I count to 5.
3) Shady McCoy - prolific offence and a RB who can run, catch, prolly kick FGs if needed. What I love and hate about McCoy is that he always seems under-utilized yet puts up pts consistantly.
4) Adrian Foster - high powered offence that fits his skills perfectly. Great blend of receiving and running ability will keep him in the top. If healthy he can easily be top dog, just concerned over nicks and bruises slowing him just enough for Texans to rest him some.
5) Matt Forte - have to hear of a good recovery first, but if healthy Forte will put up top 5 numbers in PPR format. Figure end of the Martz-ian era will also help RB get more involved.
A) Alternate #5 is Chris Johnson. Sleeper top 5er, for the drop off in production this season, Johnson still was a pretty productive RB who should be more ready to play next season. Could be a real value.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:09 pm

IMO, Rice/McCoy/Foster are interchangable at 1, 2, 3.

After those 3 I can't give you another 2 RB that are worth mentioning as a top 5 pick...

If drafting today and those 3 are off the board, Calvin Johnson is a no brainer pick at #4 IMO.

With the number 1 pick locked up, IMO gotta hope 1 of those 3 is available in a keeper format.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby joejlitz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:50 pm

moochman wrote:Yes its early, but never too early to let the mind wander.
1) MoJo - How can I not pick a guy who leads the league in rushing, is a great pass catching back, on a team with very little talent. I figure if Jones-Drew gets any help for his coach or QB he could lead the league again next year.
2) Ray Rice - Since Flacco Seaguls isn't showing signs of emerging as a QB, Rice will be asked to carry the Ratbirds. And the dude is a PPR beast. If it weren't for a higher upside on MoJo, Rice would be number one. In fact its so close I may change my mind before I count to 5.
3) Shady McCoy - prolific offence and a RB who can run, catch, prolly kick FGs if needed. What I love and hate about McCoy is that he always seems under-utilized yet puts up pts consistantly.
4) Adrian Foster - high powered offence that fits his skills perfectly. Great blend of receiving and running ability will keep him in the top. If healthy he can easily be top dog, just concerned over nicks and bruises slowing him just enough for Texans to rest him some.
5) Matt Forte - have to hear of a good recovery first, but if healthy Forte will put up top 5 numbers in PPR format. Figure end of the Martz-ian era will also help RB get more involved.
A) Alternate #5 is Chris Johnson. Sleeper top 5er, for the drop off in production this season, Johnson still was a pretty productive RB who should be more ready to play next season. Could be a real value.

When did you become British, Mooch? ;-)

And I'm guessing you think Johnson is a top-5 RB, but not the 5th RB off the board. Right? I don't see Johnson going before the 2nd round next year. That's not to say he won't bounce back, but with your other top-5, the surge of QB play, and a couple of dominant receivers all in the mix in the first round, I think Johnson's poor performance leaves him as a risky 2nd rounder (I got my $$) with "#1 RB in the league" potential.

I'd have to think about what other RBs I would take ahead of him, but I could probably argue McFadden, Lynch, and Turner. :-?

Also - we're mocking the draft right here.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:13 pm

joejlitz wrote:
moochman wrote:Yes its early, but never too early to let the mind wander.

When did you become British, Mooch? ;-)

And I'm guessing you think Johnson is a top-5 RB, but not the 5th RB off the board. Right? I don't see Johnson going before the 2nd round next year. That's not to say he won't bounce back, but with your other top-5, the surge of QB play, and a couple of dominant receivers all in the mix in the first round, I think Johnson's poor performance leaves him as a risky 2nd rounder (I got my $$) with "#1 RB in the league" potential.

I'd have to think about what other RBs I would take ahead of him, but I could probably argue McFadden, Lynch, and Turner. :-?

Also - we're mocking the draft right here.

G'day govner. Bloody well right, God save the queen. :-b I spell almost as bad as I draft :-b
I dont' think of Chris Johnson as the 5th RB, but that he could finish there. I doubt he will fall to the third round, but should he I won't let him fall further.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk