Is the Fun n Gun a gamble? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is the Fun n Gun a gamble?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is the Fun n Gun a gamble?

Postby vansmack » Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:55 pm

For this week Im seriously thinking of starting Shane Matthews instead of Drew Bledsoe for my 2nd Qb, w/ Wash. pass happy offense. appreciate any feedback thanks.
vansmack

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:07 pm

it is definately a gamble. matthews MIGHT put up better numbers against a weak arizona team. (i hope he does, as im a skins fan)
but if u have bledsoe i dont think its a risk i would want to take. start bledsoe against a jets defense that lost both its starting cbs. see what matthews does this week before u think about starting him.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:41 pm

i know it would have to cross your mind but bledsoe is better and hes playing a rather weak pass defense too so id go with him and see how matthews does against a weak defense
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

I don't know.

Postby trentvaughn » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:51 pm

I certainly wouldn't say that the Jets had a weak pass defense. I also wouldn't say Arizona did either if Pat Tillman hadn't left. They've got some young, inexperienced CBs down in AZ and I would start Matthews. The only concern is Spurrier's QB rotational system. No one knows how long a starter will stay. Bledsoe will certainly start, and may very well have a good game. The problem I see is that the Jets have a better than decent pass rush and the Buffalo offensive line has been terrible. It's a tough call, but I would take a chance on Matthews.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Picklejuice » Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:01 pm

I'd be hesitant to start a WASH Qb if you get penalized for INT's. This is for obvious reasons. Also, Spurrier will likely move QB's in and out - some series Matthews some Wuerful. You can't start both and I don't see any predicatble way to know which one will have the better game.

On the flipside I think Gardner and Thompson are good WR starts. If the INT's happen, its no skin off their backs. + if the skins are down, which they might be a lot bacause they still aren't a great team, (see Matthews & Wuerful) they will have to throw even more.
Picklejuice
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk