Terrell Manning - NCST

Secondary

Morris Claiborne - LSU
Stephon Gilmore - USCe
Cliff Harris - Oregon
Jayron Hosley - VT
Dre Kirkpatrick - Bama
Josh Robinson - UCF
Last edited by deerayfan072 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Underclassman Declaring

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:18 pm

updated with a bunch of new names
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: 2012 Underclassman Declaring

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Some really stud underclassmen coming out, especially on defense. If you are looking to shore up the defense this year, you will have a lot of options.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Not sure why, but Darron Thomas declared for draft.

Bad decision
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Lung » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Sometimes I wonder who is advising these kids.

I'll be stunned if Thomas is drafted at all.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:22 pm

The Lung wrote:Sometimes I wonder who is advising these kids.

Agreed. He is not very accurate with the ball and I have seen him make some real bad decisions. He is an athlete, but not an NFL QB. Someone may take a flyer on him late in the draft to make him a WR. Just don't see him playing QB in the NFL.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:28 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
The Lung wrote:Sometimes I wonder who is advising these kids.

Agreed. He is not very accurate with the ball and I have seen him make some real bad decisions. He is an athlete, but not an NFL QB. Someone may take a flyer on him late in the draft to make him a WR. Just don't see him playing QB in the NFL.

Honestly, I think there is more to him leaving than we know or will ever know. Some people are mumbling that he has some inside knowledge about the ongoing NCAA investigation into the Willie Lyles situation, but I find that very unlikely. Others have mentioned the possibility that he's been slipping academically. And on a Ducks fan site that I frequent, I read where a guy heard from a guy that DT actually may have failed drug test after the Rose and would have been facing suspension to start the 2012 season. Or it's possible that he feels the heat of a better QB in Bryan Bennett waiting in the wings, and that DT knows that Kelly believes in open competition for ALL positions. Who knows.

But really, there has to be something other than $$$, and wanting to play in the NFL, driving his decision. Because it's very possible that nither will materialize. I mean, I'm sure he''ll make a little cash in football somehow, but I just don't see this decision working out well for him. I don't know if another year would have offered him much more room for improvement, but it seems as though that would have been the best decision....if there wasn't some underlying reason for making the jump.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:13 pm

News is that Chip Kelly will be new Bucs coach. Could explain why Thomas left early
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:07 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:News is that Chip Kelly will be new Bucs coach. Could explain why Thomas left early

Obviously we both know that Kelly has decided to stay put in Eugene (thank god). I heard that rumor about DT having inside knowledge about Kelly moving on. However, I read several articles saying that wasn't the case. Nobody knew that Kelly was in talks with the Bucs other than the Oregon brass, not the current players, not incoming recruits, not even the lower level coaches. I think Kelly really was just humoring the Bucs and wanted to test the waters in the NFL. When it was all said and done, I'm sure the deal to coach the Bucs was not much of an improvement from what he's getting at Oregon. Morris was getting 2mil a year, I'm sure Kelly would have received more than that, but he'll be getting like 3.2mil next year if he reaches all his bonus incentives. And the thing about his Oregon job is that he's pretty much got a job with the Ducks as long as he wants it. For him to leave a position that pays VERY well, and it damn near guaranteed for life, the team wooing him better be willing to fork out some serious cash.

That said, I'm very familiar with how rare it is to have a long term coach, and I'm sure he will move on sooner or later, but right now I'm glad he changed his mind. :-)
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:News is that Chip Kelly will be new Bucs coach. Could explain why Thomas left early

Obviously we both know that Kelly has decided to stay put in Eugene (thank god). I heard that rumor about DT having inside knowledge about Kelly moving on. However, I read several articles saying that wasn't the case. Nobody knew that Kelly was in talks with the Bucs other than the Oregon brass, not the current players, not incoming recruits, not even the lower level coaches. I think Kelly really was just humoring the Bucs and wanted to test the waters in the NFL. When it was all said and done, I'm sure the deal to coach the Bucs was not much of an improvement from what he's getting at Oregon. Morris was getting 2mil a year, I'm sure Kelly would have received more than that, but he'll be getting like 3.2mil next year if he reaches all his bonus incentives. And the thing about his Oregon job is that he's pretty much got a job with the Ducks as long as he wants it. For him to leave a position that pays VERY well, and it damn near guaranteed for life, the team wooing him better be willing to fork out some serious cash.

That said, I'm very familiar with how rare it is to have a long term coach, and I'm sure he will move on sooner or later, but right now I'm glad he changed his mind. :-)

He was offered 6 mil a year and an NFL job. Personally, I think he gauged interest and will use it as leverage going forward. Bucs have fallen so far off that they can overpay and still get turned down. 6 mil a year is a lot to turn down
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to 2013 NFL Draft