Nothing? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Nothing?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Nothing?

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:18 pm

The Lions make the playoffs for the first time this century, the last time they made the playoffs did they even have the internet O:-)

Lets hear about it. Sure, nobody is expecting a long playoff run - in fact, they may not even have a long run play in the game that participate in - but the Lions have made it!!!

I think this team still has some issues, but I still really like where they are headed and how they are headed.

It is hard to deny these numbers:
From mid-2007 To Dec. 1, 2010 = Overall 5-47 / Road 0-25
From Dec. 1, 2010 to today = Overall 14-7 / Road 7-3

THEY HAVE MORE ROAD WINS IN THE LAST YEAR THEN THEY HAD TOTAL WINS FROM MID-2007 TO DEC 1, 2010 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o 8-o

I love seeing more of the Lions on commercials(play 60), advertising, highlight, etc. Great to hear others talking about the Lions chances and playoff shots(I just read some writer is picking them to beat the Aints).

Anything but a blowout Saturday Night and I couldn't be happier about the Lions season, hell even if they do get blown out I'd still be impressed with the season. This is going to be the longest off-season ever waiting to see what they can do next. Have some fun fellas on Saturday win or lose - our Lions are back ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Nothing?

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Sad to see, ain't it Dream? The Leos put a tremendous season out there and there are so few faithful Cafe Lions's fan posters to celebrate.
I have wanted to start so many threads but have not for worry that the response would be too sparse to bear.
In all fairness, life is complicated and as the heyday of the Lions forum waned many of us older farts found that life demands more of our time.
Sigh, reality has always been the bane of my fantasies. :-D

Regardless of tonight's outcome, the Lions had a great season and answered a few questions, while creating a few new concerns.
Stafford is the real deal. He need only stay healthy to have a HOF career. Our success both tonight and in the future lay more on his shoulders than any one player. I think the Saints are going to try a lot of confusing packages and blitzes to try and hold this Lion down. I think they will succeed and win tonight because of a couple of the bigger questions this team has to answer.
The run game is anemic. The Oline doesn't seem able to move people in the middle and the future RB of this team is ??? My hope is Leshoure can stay healthy and be a dependable RB. Very shakey.
Suh? Where did you go? In truth, the story goes that Suh is double teamed and his effectiveness is shown by the success of others. True to a point, but I blame Corey Williams for Suh's tough season. He has been very disappointing this season and has made it easier for teams to double Suh. My hope that Fairley can stay healthy and play next to Suh to give us a formidible tandum that disrupt Os much more than this years middle did. They could start tonight. They need to put massive pressure on Brees and somehow stop that little fella on the screens that we know Sproles will get.
Hanson? Cripes, I have been calling for his replacement for years only to watch him kick it in my face. Lately though he seems not only human, but weak.
Hey so much more to discuss, but will have to leave it here. Company is calling wondering what they should bring. Has beer ever been an easier answer? Enjoy the game. Thanks Dream for putting up with all my cynical fretting over the years. Saints 38 Leos 31.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: Nothing?

Postby Calyxes » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:08 pm

I am surprised not much more on here. Maybe they were like me and did not to jinz it :-)
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Detroit Lions