Dynasty Value of Charles WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty Value of Charles WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty Value of Charles WHIR

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi all,
I am in a 12 team, .5 PPR dynasty league where we start 2 RBs, 2 WRs and a flex.
My Team minus the IDPs is the following
QB-Newton, Freeman
RB-Charles, Mendy, Jstew, Scott, Hightower, Gerhart
WRs-Brown, Cruz, Britt, Floyd, D. Thomas, Sanders
TE-Daniels, Ballard, Thomas

I am thinking of trading Charles as I do not see him bouncing back since his upside was speed.
Is this good value for him?
Charles for 1.04 Rookie Pick 2012 and 2.04 Rookie Pick 2012

EDIT-I do not own a 1st Round Pick
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty Value of Charles WHIR

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:14 pm

I personally don't think you're getting enough out of the deal, but I think it's close enough that it would be considered fair for both sides.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Indibuck wrote:I personally don't think you're getting enough out of the deal, but I think it's close enough that it would be considered fair for both sides.

Thanks for the feedback,
do you think having it as Charles for 2013 1st and 1.04 would balance it out better?
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby cspirk » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Agreed that it may be a little low, but two 1st's help. Sometimes you have to take that type of risk, although you're trading a relative commodity for unknowns (even with JC's ACL).

Not sure about 2013, but the #4 pick in 2012 could land you Richardson/Blackmon/Luck/Jeffery/L. James. So if you have your eyes dead set on a few of those guys, it may be worth the risk (along with having the 1st in your pocket for '13).

Help - viewtopic.php?t=512018
cspirk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:17 am

I think the 1.04 is valuable in what appears to be a fairly deep rookie draft at this point... but Charles isn't old or washed up by any stretch. I am hesitant to trade a proven commodity (albeit coming off a significant injury) over an unproven player. But if your roster is deep at RB, maybe you gamble and trade Charles for someone with potentially more long-term upside.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:18 am

11stever11 wrote:
Indibuck wrote:I personally don't think you're getting enough out of the deal, but I think it's close enough that it would be considered fair for both sides.

Thanks for the feedback,
do you think having it as Charles for 2013 1st and 1.04 would balance it out better?

Yes... again if you are deep enough at RB with proven players. I understand building for the future, but not at the expense of winning now.
Indibuck

Postby dblj9911 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:17 am

I think because he went out early with the acl he will have had a full year to recover from the injury and he should be alright. I think your problem is Mendy went down last week with a acl and Hightower is also coming back from a knee injury. So with the rookie draft your looking at Luck, RIchardson and Blackmon and possibly RGIII as the top guys coming into the draft. With Newton on your roster there is no need for the qb's unless you get one of them late 1st. So too me you have two studs coming out in RIcharson and Blackmon. So unless the teams picking 1-3 all are in desperate need of a qb and a wr and Richardson falls to you at 4 I'm keeping Charles. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=512026
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions