Judge Tells TO that his Career is Probably Over - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Judge Tells TO that his Career is Probably Over

Moderator: Football Moderators

Judge Tells TO that his Career is Probably Over

Postby joejlitz » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:51 pm

It's probably very difficult for an NFL player to hear someone tell him that his career is probably over. It's probably even harder for that news to come from a man carrying a gavel and wearing a robe.
That's what happened to Terrell Owens on Wednesday, though, as Judge Marc Marmaro got all judgmental on him. Owens was in court in an attempt to reduce his child support payments because he's broke. Here's what went down, according to TMZ.

T.O.'s lawyer made it clear -- his client is a man without a team and therefore a man without a paycheck. The judge went one step further, telling T.O. his prospects for a comeback are bleak.
Judge Marmaro said, "His NFL career seems to be over. I mean no disrespect." T.O. nodded his head in acknowledgment.

Rest of Article: Judge Tells TO that his Career is Probably Over
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Judge Tells TO that his Career is Probably Over

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:09 pm

saw some comments that he's paying 60k a month for 4 kids, don't know if those are true or not. That's ridiculous if so. When my folks got divorced my dad was paying $50/week per kid (me and my sis) so $400/month for him, in mid-1980's dollars, which on his paycheck as a butcher must have taken every bit of extra money he had and then some. Sis and I,living in a house on a lake with a boat, got it as our weekly allowance. Grossly unfair.

I can also understand how there won't be a shred of sympathy for him.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Re: Judge Tells TO that his Career is Probably Over

Postby UnitedFive » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:51 am

Wow, that's crazy... I heard he wanted to play again or something it was a rumor that he was trying to get with the New England Patriots I don't know how true the rumor actually was but I thought it was kinda funny and to top it off owners in fantasy leagues were actually drafting him in hopes that he would return in the 2011 Season haha...
UnitedFive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk