Who should I keep? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who should I keep? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who should I keep? WHIR

Postby Indibuck » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:43 pm

10 team keeper league. NO-PPR. Standard scoring, but big bonuses for reaching yardage milestones and for long TDs.
Start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1D

We MUST keep 5 players. We are able to keep a maximum of 9 players. For each player kept over the minimum of 5, we give up a draft spot. In other words, if I choose to keep 8 players, I lose my first three rounds of draft picks. For what it's worth, I will be drafting from the #7 slot (serpentine draft... 1.07, 2.04, 3.07, 4.04, etc.)

My 2011 roster
QB Cam Newton, Big Ben. Flacco
RB AP, Lynch, McGahee, James Starks, Gerheart, Hardesty, a few others
WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Colston, Austin, Nate Washington, Nate Burleson
TE V. Davis, Ballard

In other words, I have to walk a fine line between proven commodities versus rookies/other people's free agents they release.

in the past, a few teams have kept only the minimum 5, a few teams keep the maximum of 9, and the rest are in between.

Keeping all that in mind, who should I keep? Leave a link and I will help in return.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who should I keep? WHIR

Postby dblj9911 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:37 am

Im keeping Cam, AP, Lynch, Austin, Colston, Jones, AJ and Davis. Basically that is your complete starting roster and then. I'm drafting the best player available in each round from there. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?t=512026
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:47 am

I think I'd shoot the gap and go with seven guys that I see as pretty clear, which in my preferred configuration of your guys gives you a full starting lineup other than K and DST.

I think Cam, AP, Lynch, AJ, Julio, Austin and Davis are your guys. Colston is close, but I like the other 3 more for their consistency and upside on offenses where they aren't fighting for targets on a weekly basis, and since there's no flex I think McGahee is on the outside looking in (might be anyway, but it's for sure IMO in this setup). I wouldn't fault you for keeping either of them, but I think I'd take the seven I listed and start picking in the 3rd. All the rest of the guys are surefire cuts IMO. ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:34 am

I would keep Newton, Lynch, AP, Green, Colston, Jones and Davis. All these players are worth picks in the first 7 rounds, most of them in the first 5 rounds. The other players on your roster are easy cuts since they are not close to 8th round value. Keeping these players is also like keeping all your starters which I like to do.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:51 am

11stever11 wrote:I would keep Newton, Lynch, AP, Green, Colston, Jones and Davis. All these players are worth picks in the first 7 rounds, most of them in the first 5 rounds. The other players on your roster are easy cuts since they are not close to 8th round value. Keeping these players is also like keeping all your starters which I like to do.

I obviously agree with six of your seven, but can you really keep Colston over Austin? With Robinson likely out of town in Dallas and knowing that Austin is still pretty much the man compared to Bryant in Big D, I think he's absolutely above Colston's level, and much higher than a 7-th rounder. He might slip past the 2nd - where he was taken this year - but I think Austin is a must keep no matter what. Like I said above, if you want to keep Colston, I think it's an "and" with the seven I mentioned, but certainly not an "or" IMO :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:16 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
11stever11 wrote:I would keep Newton, Lynch, AP, Green, Colston, Jones and Davis. All these players are worth picks in the first 7 rounds, most of them in the first 5 rounds. The other players on your roster are easy cuts since they are not close to 8th round value. Keeping these players is also like keeping all your starters which I like to do.

I obviously agree with six of your seven, but can you really keep Colston over Austin? With Robinson likely out of town in Dallas and knowing that Austin is still pretty much the man compared to Bryant in Big D, I think he's absolutely above Colston's level, and much higher than a 7-th rounder. He might slip past the 2nd - where he was taken this year - but I think Austin is a must keep no matter what. Like I said above, if you want to keep Colston, I think it's an "and" with the seven I mentioned, but certainly not an "or" IMO :-?

I appreciate the feedback.

I am surprised that so many feel that Vernon Davis is a keeper over either Colston or Austin. My gut has been telling me to keep BOTH Austin and Colston over Davis. along with Green and Julio Jones, the two RBs, and Cam.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:01 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:

I must have skipped over Austin while looking at the original post, sorry about that. I agree that he would be over Colton, but I would keep both. I do not see a player that the OP could get with the 7.07 that is better then Colston.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:56 am

QB Cam Newton
RB AP, Lynch, McGahee
WR AJ Green, Julio Jones, Colston, Austin,
TE V. Davis
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter