It was a fun year as a Lions fan - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

It was a fun year as a Lions fan

Moderator: Football Moderators

It was a fun year as a Lions fan

Postby Calyxes » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:06 pm

Sometimes a game is what it is. I had no real illusions that my beloved Lions would make it past New Orleans on Saturday night. After going 0-16 a few short years ago, this tough loss was not that hard to swallow. In a night filled with such excitment for this Lions fan, I remember many other losses over the last ten years that hurt much worse.

I think that losing did not seem so bad because I know the team should be better next year. Over the last ten season in the NFL, I could only say that before as a thought of wishfull thinking.

It was a fun year and the off season will be even more exciting. I like our chances of getting some good free agents and the draft should add some depth. Now lets get a new LT and a couple DB's that can cover someone and all will be well ;-D
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: It was a fun year as a Lions fan

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Thank you Detroit Lions, for restoring the roar, for enabling fans to display their pride instead of hiding under paper bags,for making Lions football fun to watch again, for being one of the top teams in the NFL instead of one of the bottom-feeders. You faced a near impossible task in trying to stop the Saints offensive juggernaut - there is no shame in that loss, rather it shows the Lions have a solid foundation to continue to build upon over the next few years. I look forward to the 2012 season and watching the Lions continue to improve, while proudly wearing my Barry Sanders jersey!

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Here here, Stomperrob ;-D Thanks Lions for not letting us feel cheated for the first this century Lions fans were presented with a worthy product. Sooooo happy for Dream and all those long time season ticket holders who hopefully will now be richly rewarded with years of great football to enjoy. Its' truely been a magical season. Stafford and Megatron emerged as bonafide super studs in this league and should be a joy to watch over the years. We may very well have seen the changing of fortunes in Detriot.
No longer will be Lions memorable moments be of Monte Clarke's unanswered prayers, Darryl Rogers "what's a guy got to do to get fired in this place?", Clownish Capt'n Wayno's "We're scoring too fast", The General Bobby Ross's "whomp, whomp, whomp, abandon ship", Marty Mornhenwig's "The bar is high", to Rod Marinelli's "Strong will and sharp picks" and "Pad level" there has been generations of embarrassing Lions football. Let it end here, let it end now. Time to move forward at last, Lions.
The roar was not just talked about, it was heard. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:18 pm

...and I think they need to rename the stadium to celebrate (not to mention get big sponsor dollars) to celebrate how effectively the team has rid itself of the stench of Matt Millen (and others too numerous to mention):

And I think they're gonna wish in the next couple years that they had a larger seating capacity!!!
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:15 am

Thank you LIONS!!

This is the first year since I've had tickets that I've been able to:
- not have to answer the question - "Why do you have season tickets"
- Sell an unused ticket for face value and/or above
- felt like it was a chore to go to games in December
- not have to talk myself into getting tickets again for the following year
- be PROUD to be a LIONS fan

Being down 3 points in the 4th quarter and still thinking they had a chance everytime they got the ball back made up for years of futility. I can't wait for more Nationally televised games and Ford Field rocking like it was for the entire season. Speaking of expectations - as Marty would say - hell, it's even higher!

Next season - same place(playoffs), different results(win)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:46 am

Definitely gonna be a fascinating draft this year to see what pieces they add! And gonna be nice to see a healthy Mikel Leshoure back in the fold.

;-D ;-D
stomperrob

Return to Detroit Lions