Is Adrian Peterson worth keeping?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 5

Adrian Peterson

Postby Pappy002 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:21 am

Is Adrian worth keeping for next year? Even if he misses most or all of next year, is he worth keeping to hold on to for the 2013 season?

Not very many players, let a lone a RB, can come back from this injury, and be as good as they were. Even though he is one of the, if not THE greatest RB I have ever seen.
Pappy002
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adrian Peterson

Postby UnitedFive » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:10 am

I don't know if he would be worth holding onto for next season or the 2013 Season, I do know that his injury is pretty severe and recovery time after his surgery will be 6 months to a year before he can get back into playing shape and when he is finally able to play again I don't know if he will be himself or how long it will take him to get back to playing like himself... This is a tough one that requires some gambling... Your right there isn't alot of good RB's out there but some sleepers are starting to come out of the works due to injurys to starters studs are rising and making a name for themselves just keep a watch and check out who is available
I would hold onto him just incase because even if all else fails he makes a great trade for anyone else who wants to gamble on it.
UnitedFive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Adrian Peterson

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:50 am

Info on ADP:

AP already off of crutches: Vikings RB Adrian Peterson spoke with the media Friday and gave an update on his knee following surgery for a torn ACL and MCL. After two weeks he was off of crutches but wore a brace from his ankle to above his knee. He's been riding a stationary bike. In another two weeks he hopes to shed the brace and then continue rehab with a goal of jogging after roughly 10 to 12 weeks. His goal is to be back in time for Week 1 of the 2012 season. "Anything I put my mind to I'm going to accomplish," he said according to the Associated Press. "I'm going to come back better than before."

As much as we'd love to trust Peterson on this one, the reality is that recovery times and rehabilitation from major knee surgeries vary from player to player. Moreover, the ability to come back from such a major knee injury at the same level as before is not a given. We think that until he shows that he'll be back in time for Week 1 and playing at a level at or near what we're used to, he's not worth a first-round choice. Peterson slipped to the second round of our initial mock draft of the year, which might be where he winds up this summer. And it goes without saying that anyone who drafts Peterson must be prepared to spend a seventh-round pick on Toby Gerhart as a handcuff in case AP is not ready to play by Week 1. We'll follow his progress all offseason long.

See, another thing is, i'd wait until the last minute to decide on keepers and it also makes a difference if you have another option close in value to a first rounder you could keep along with the scoring if it favors them.

AP is still worth keeping. He will be fine for next year.

Links for info:
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ ... xKuu4Fxs24

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... p%3A%2F%2F

www.washingtonpost.com%2Fsports%2Fredsk ... ww&cad=rja
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions