Rate My Team W/ IDP's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Rate My Team W/ IDP's

Rate My Team W/ IDP's

Postby UnitedFive » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Alright to start off this is a keepers league and I just took over this team and I need suggestions on what you guys think I've never messed with IDP's before so this is my first time and I would like to know who you guys would keep if any and who you guys would try and trade for or pickup if possible then just give me a quick rating on all positions and what you think you can only keep 1 player from each position and each keeper sets you back 1 pick position next season Brees is my first keeper (uses my first pick for next season) I am unsure aboit Ahmad Bradshaw I want to keep him but this split between Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs is killing me sometimes Bradshaw will get yards then other times he won't and Jacobs will get them all it's a toss up then I have an ultimatum about if I want to pickup Ray Lewis and keep him going into next season does anyone have any idea what pick he will be next season and if he is worth keeping or do you think he will be a low draft pick next season or will be be the first 10 or so.... Let me know what you think then I want to know how do you think Kurt Coleman is going to do next season and should I pick him up in the draft I def wouldn't keep him but he may be something to
Pickup during the draft I don't know if he is a decent safety or not... Basically I am trying to figur out who I need to keep and who I need to get rid of so I can start doing some offseason trading and get some keepers going into next season... Let me know I will help you if I can just post your link and let me know!!

20 pass yards 1 point, pass TD/int 3/-3 points
300 yards bonus 4 points
400 yards bonus 5 points
40 yard TD bonus 4 points
50 yard TD bonus 5 points
possible QB scoring change depending on voting.

All TDs except pass 6 points
PPR 1, 10 yards rush, receiving, or return 1 point
100 rush or receiving yard bonus 4 points
200 rush or receiving yard bonus 5 points
40 yard run or catch TD bonus 4 points
50 yard run or catch TD bonus 5 points

Fumble -1, Fumble Lost -2

30 yard FG 6 points
40 yard FG 8 points
50 yard FG 10 points
extra point 2 points

Sacks/INTs/Fumble Recovered/Blocked Kick will all get 6 points
Safety 8 points
Fumble Forced/Stuffs 3 points
Solo Tackle 2 points, Assisted Tackles 1 point
Pass Deflection 4 points
and def return guys get return yards

Team Roster

Quarterback
Drew Brees NO QB

Runningbacks
Ahmad Bradshaw NYG RB
Ryan Grant GB RB
Pierre Thomas, NO RB
Ricky Williams, Bal RB
Montario Hardesty, Cle RB
Marcel Reece, Oak RB

Wide Recievers
Marques Colston, NO WR
Johnny Knox*, Chi WR
Laurent Robinson, Dal WR
Steve Smith, Car WR

IDP's
Fred Robbins, StL DT
Justin Tuck, NYG DE
Paul Posluszny, Jac LB
Michael Boley, NYG LB
Ahmad Brooks, SF LB
Darryl Tapp, Phi DE
Tim Jennings, Chi CB
Dashon Goldson, SF S
Terence Newman, Dal CB
Cedric Griffin, Min CB
Louis Delmas, Det S
Darian Stewart, StL S
Philip Wheeler*, Ind LB
Terrell Thomas*, NYG CB
Jonathan Goff*, NYG LB
Lawrence Jackson, Det DE

Kickers
Stephen Gostkowski, NE K
UnitedFive
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Team W/ IDP's

Postby Pappy002 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:51 am

In my opinion, You have a couple IDPs worth holding onto,
Tuck (had an off year, but was a top DE two years ago, and THE top DL last year.
Terrell Thomas got hurt in week 1, last year was THE top CB, and one of the top two years ago.
Stewart had a good year, he was in the top 10, to be honest, I haven't heard of him until this year, but possibly worth holding on to.
Posluszny is always a top LB, this year is his first year on Jax and that's my guess as to why he wasn't a top 10 this years. I expect him to rebound, but I've been wrong before.
Pappy002
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby z raptor » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:51 am

I agree with Pappy concerning the idp comments. Coleman will be in a battle with Allen & Jarrett, so may need to wait and see on that. Lewis is still a top 15 LB, but that said I wouldn't go too high a draft pick for him.

As a footnote, offensively only Brees, Bradshaw, Colston, & Smith are worth keeping.

Good luck!!!!
z raptor

z raptor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby twoshoes » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Bree's would be the only player I'd keep! This year's rookie draft is quite deep - next year's so far is projected to be slim. All of your IDP's are replaceable. You'll also find DE/DT/CB and Safeties all over the place. And there are better RB's/WR's available. If you're into keeping homers that's one thing - but remember there's some very good rookies and I'm sure other teams will be dropping players better than yours. Yes Lewis will be in the top of the LB's but so will many others including possibly two rookies. This is a new team for you - dress it with players you like - and don't have the injury bugs.
twoshoes
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby doug4knfpu » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:42 am

I agree that Brees is the only must keep. Hes consistently in the top 3 at his pos.
doug4knfpu
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby yualreadyknow » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Team Roster

Quarterback
Drew Brees NO QB

Runningbacks
Ahmad Bradshaw NYG RB
Ryan Grant GB RB
Pierre Thomas, NO RB
Ricky Williams, Bal RB
Montario Hardesty, Cle RB
Marcel Reece, Oak RB

Wide Recievers
Marques Colston, NO WR
Johnny Knox*, Chi WR
Laurent Robinson, Dal WR
Steve Smith, Car WR

IDP's
Fred Robbins, StL DT
Justin Tuck, NYG DE
Paul Posluszny, Jac LB
Michael Boley, NYG LB
Ahmad Brooks, SF LB
Darryl Tapp, Phi DE
Tim Jennings, Chi CB
Dashon Goldson, SF S
Terence Newman, Dal CB
Cedric Griffin, Min CB
Louis Delmas, Det S
Darian Stewart, StL S
Philip Wheeler*, Ind LB
Terrell Thomas*, NYG CB
Jonathan Goff*, NYG LB
Lawrence Jackson, Det DE

Kickers
Stephen Gostkowski, NE K

I've only done the IDP once (title win) and it wasn't a keeper league but the formula for me would never be to keep any of the IDP guys. You will find, especially after about week 8 or 9, guys that have to step in for an injured player or just outplay their predecessors. You can play matchups and do just fine. I have Desmond Bishop and Curtis Lofton running for me until their bye weeks around week 8 and 9. I was so stacked I had to send them to waivers and they got picked by someone else. I added London Fletcher and Von Miller and same result: wins and a championship.

I would agree with our friend about keeping Brees. I might even add Colston if it doesn't cost you anything. Brees will have to look to him (and Graham) a lot with the loss of Nicks up front. I think that will have an impact. I took the scenic route but I hope it helps a little.
< Don't ask. Yu Already Know >
yualreadyknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hooligan1 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:07 pm

As far as keeping IDP's, I would definitely keep Tuck and maybe Poz. High impact DE's like Tuck just aren't that plentiful; if you have one, keep him! LB is a very, very deep position; that said if everyone else is keeping a LB you may have trouble getting another top 15 guy, which I believe Poz is.....
Hooligan1
hooligan1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to IDP