6 Player Deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

6 Player Deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

6 Player Deal

Postby warner892001 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:19 pm

I get Willis McGahee, Jay Cutler and Jahvid Best

The other team gets DeSean Jackson and Frank Gore

I am slightly interested because Gore takes a beating as a feature back and so getting some value now would be nice. Jackson is a home run or bust player. By moving Jackson and getting some consistency back would be appreciated. Best I am worried about because he had the two concussions during the regular season. Cutler would be an upgrade over Kolb and Flacco.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse? ... 9&teamId=1

Let me know what you think.
warner892001
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 6 Player Deal

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:12 pm

warner892001 wrote:I get Willis McGahee, Jay Cutler and Jahvid Best

The other team gets DeSean Jackson and Frank Gore

I am slightly interested because Gore takes a beating as a feature back and so getting some value now would be nice. Jackson is a home run or bust player. By moving Jackson and getting some consistency back would be appreciated. Best I am worried about because he had the two concussions during the regular season. Cutler would be an upgrade over Kolb and Flacco.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse? ... 9&teamId=1

Let me know what you think.

I think it's a pretty even trade... who wins ultimately comes down to Best -- whether he will play again, and if he does, how much production you can get out of him. You are downgrading Gore for McGahee. Yes Gore takes a beating, but both Gore and McGahee have a lot of tread on those tires.

I'm not a big fan of DJax, especially in a PPR (I checked your league settings and you get .5 PPR) league. Not a huge fan of Cutler either, but I agree that he is an upgrade to what you currently have at QB.

So should you do the trade? It depends on how much risk you're willing to take on, because Best is the riskiest player to draft/own in 2012 IMHO.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 6 Player Deal

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:37 am

DeSean Jackson and Frank Gore
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions