Help from Video Game veterans needed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Help from Video Game veterans needed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help from Video Game veterans needed

Postby Gmunu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:28 pm

I am thinking about getting either a X Box 360 or a PS3 console, mainly to play Madden football onlilne. Am I right in understanding that there are no fees to play the PS3 online but there is a fee to play the X Box? How much is it to play? My grandsons have a X Box so I may lean toward that so I can play against them but it probably wouldn't be too often so I don't know which way to go. The other thing that I don't understand about the games is what are the advantages of getting a game with more memory? I see a X Box going in the local Shopko for $199 (4 GB) and another going for $299 (120 GB). What does the extra 116 gigs get me? Please help this old rookie.
Gmunu
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help from Video Game veterans needed

Postby dgan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:19 pm

I believe XBox Live (the online gaming network) is $5/month or something like that. So if you want to play with the grandkids, I'd go with the Xbox. I think Xbox live has fewer issues than PS3 online network anyway. I'm guessing the Xbox at Shopko is 40gb, not 4gb. And that is just storage space - so if you're just planning on playing Madden and maybe a couple other games, the 40gb version is perfect.

I personally have a PS3 - it also allows you to play Blu-Ray movies and offers some other bells and whistles that you honestly probably wouldn't use. As far as game play itself, only the most serious gamers can dispute the differences - so again, I'd stick with the Xbox so you can play with the grandkids. You have the monthly fee, but it will take a couple years before you've spent more than you would have on a PS3.

Probably the best idea is to tell your grandkids what you're trying to do, and let them advise you. They're the experts. ;-D

Good luck!
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Video Games