Fisher heads to St. Louis/coaching changes thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fisher heads to St. Louis/coaching changes thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Fisher heads to St. Louis/coaching changes thread

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Yea, sucks the Bucs lost him. They were willing to shell out the money. Shows how much the franchise has fallen when they will pay 6 mil a year and get turned down by a college coach
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:05 pm

Raiders to hire Allen as new head coach

The Oakland Raiders reportedly agreed Tuesday to hire Denver defensive coordinator Dennis Allen as their new head coach, breaking a more than three-decade stretch of offensive-minded head coaches for the franchise.

The hiring was first reported by Fox Sports and ESPN, with both outlets saying final details were still being worked out Tuesday night. The Raiders had no immediate comment on the reports.

New general manager Reggie McKenzie decided on his new coach exactly two weeks after he was hired. He immediately fired Hue Jackson, who went 8-8 in his only season as coach, and began the search.

dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:11 am

scottaa1 wrote:And Caldwell gets the boot from Indy, no surprise here.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012011 ... dyStar.com

cleaning house in Indy, just like at the start of the Manning era. New coach, new GM, new QB next year is looking like a certainty, and I'm growing more and more to believe that we've seen the last of Peyton behind center in Indianapolis.

And the winner is.... Chuck Pagano. This has to be a very scarey time for Colts fans with Peyton a question mark and possible new direction with coaching philosophy?

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ap-source-ravens-asst-pagano-colts-coach-15442478

Indianapolis hired Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano as its new coach Wednesday and will introduce him at a news conference Thursday afternoon.
Pagano is taking over a team in transition.
Irsay's dizzying array of moves this month has essentially cleaned house. It began with the firings of the father-son front office tandem of Bill and Chris Polian on Jan. 2, the day after the season. The next week, Irsay hired 39-year-old Ryan Grigson as the new general manager.
Last week, coach Jim Caldwell was fired after his third season because he won only two games while Manning sat out with a neck injury and now, eight days later, Indy has his replacement -- with more changes to come.

Quarterbacks coach Ron Turner, receivers coach Frank Reich and offensive line coach Pete Metzelaars all have been let go, too. That leaves offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen, running backs coach David Walker and tight ends coach Ricky Thomas among those with fates yet to be determined.

Sad to think that a perennial contender may fall on some hard times. Good luck Coach Pagano.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:09 am

moochman wrote:Sad to think that a perennial contender may fall on some hard times.

Yeah really sad (psst - the Lions play the Colts next year so I'm not as sad as I otherwise would be O:-) )
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:25 am

dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:Sad to think that a perennial contender may fall on some hard times.

Yeah really sad (psst - the Lions play the Colts next year so I'm not as sad as I otherwise would be O:-) )

I have a more optimistic outlook. If Luck turns out to be anything like he's predicted to be in the NFL, and all the new coaches can create a more balanced offense (of heck, even if we have a little ground chuck of our own now), and get the defense playing with it's head out of the sand, we could be doing pretty well pretty soon. I don't think we'll run the division next year, but I don't think we're in for another 2-14 either. I'm eagerly waiting for the draft and training camps, moreso than ever.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:09 am

scottaa1 wrote:I don't think we're in for another 2-14 either. I'm eagerly waiting for the draft and training camps, moreso than ever.

Not sure what you mean - I've never had that feeling before O:-)

I do think that the Colts will turn it around quickly, hopefully I don't think it will be a 1 year turnaround which is good for the Lions. I see the Colts with some growing pains next year as they try to put all the new pieces together
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby Stevooo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:03 pm

Bucs close to hiring Rutgers Greg Schiano as head coach.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Stevooo wrote:Bucs close to hiring Rutgers Greg Schiano as head coach.

And they do. Even better than Chip Kelly ;-D

Great hire
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:30 pm

dream_017 wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:I don't think we're in for another 2-14 either. I'm eagerly waiting for the draft and training camps, moreso than ever.

Not sure what you mean - I've never had that feeling before O:-)

I do think that the Colts will turn it around quickly, hopefully I don't think it will be a 1 year turnaround which is good for the Lions. I see the Colts with some growing pains next year as they try to put all the new pieces together

Not sure I can your enthusiasm. The have gutted the front office and possibly will no longer have Manning to bail them out. Sorry, were I a Colts fan I would have a lot more panic. That terrible D and O-line play isn't going to just go away. Even if they cut Peyton and spend that money buying a D, there is no garauntee they spend the money wisely. Geez I hate to see this happening to Indy. Always like Colts philosophy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Metroid » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:11 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
Stevooo wrote:Bucs close to hiring Rutgers Greg Schiano as head coach.

And they do. Even better than Chip Kelly ;-D

Great hire

Better fit anyway.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk