Fisher heads to St. Louis/coaching changes thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fisher heads to St. Louis/coaching changes thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Fisher heads to St. Louis/coaching changes thread

Postby mattb47 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:36 pm

Todd Haley hired as Steelers OC.

Interesting choice, never really expected our front office to go with someone as explosive as Haley but there's little doubt that he will be an upgrade over Arians and he's already shown he can run a good spread out passing attack which is what the Steelers offense is built for. Probably ready to bump up the value of Big Ben, Wallace and Antonio Brown in fantasy leagues next year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:14 am

mattb47 wrote:Todd Haley hired as Steelers OC.

Interesting choice, never really expected our front office to go with someone as explosive as Haley but there's little doubt that he will be an upgrade over Arians and he's already shown he can run a good spread out passing attack which is what the Steelers offense is built for. Probably ready to bump up the value of Big Ben, Wallace and Antonio Brown in fantasy leagues next year.

As long as his O scheme requires a serious upgrade in the Oline, he'll do fine. If the Stillers don't do a better job protecting Big Ben, Big Ben has shown that he will not protect himself. No Roethlisburger, no titles.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mattb47 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:40 am

moochman wrote:
mattb47 wrote:Todd Haley hired as Steelers OC.

As long as his O scheme requires a serious upgrade in the Oline, he'll do fine. If the Stillers don't do a better job protecting Big Ben, Big Ben has shown that he will not protect himself. No Roethlisburger, no titles.

Well...it would help if any member of the OLine could go a season without getting hurt. If we had our actual expected starting offensive line playing the past couple years it wouldn't have really been all that awful, but when you're down to your 2nd, 3rd, 4th string OLineman, things get sketchy. I'm definitely hoping to see an offensive lineman in round 1 of the draft though...but the Steelers tend to go BPA rather than for need in most cases.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:37 pm

At least they will be drafting late enough that the BPA could be and OL. Were I the king of the world, or at least the owner of the Stillers, I would insist that this draft be dedicated to protecting the QB and shoring up the D.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk