Live Draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Live Draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Live Draft?

Postby NYG1119 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:15 pm

I was just curious of how everyone runs their live draft...what method do you use to pick? (computer, on a board)...do you make it seem like the real NFL Draft?...how much time do you give between picks, etc...because I am going to have a 10-team league and I would like some fun, creative ideas to make it a blast.
NYG1119
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Live Draft?

Postby Hags888 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:46 pm

I do a combination live draft/online draft. Only about half of the 12-team league I run lives in the same city. So, those of us that can, get together for the live draft and we each have our own laptops. The league is hosted on the ESPN site, so we use the online drafting software. Those people that live out of town are able to login and use the online draft software too, and participate via the chat function. It's super fun. Not sure if that is what you're looking for, but it could be a possibility. It would require everyone to have their own laptop I think (or maybe as commissioner you can auto-assign the picks, I'm not sure). I would think that a computer would be the easiest way to do it. If you could get your hands on a projector, or hook up the laptop to a big-screen TV, that would be even better. FFToolbox has some resources for drafting software, and Fandraft has gotten good reviews.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Re: Live Draft?

Postby Big Bang » Mon May 14, 2012 6:10 am

Without a question, FFtoolbox is the best tool i've used during live drafts. I've also used a projector and an excel spreadsheet. It saves a little cash if you've already got what you need on hand.
Big Bang
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Commissioner's Corner