Week 20 GC: New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 20 GC: New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 20 GC: New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

Postby WebHamster » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:30 am

!+)
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

Pick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 204)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Week 20 GC: New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:56 am

Real classy, niners fans...

undercover cops to dress as Giants fans

The San Francisco 49ers and the NFL have adopted extraordinary security measures for Sunday's NFC Championship Game against the New York Giants after New Orleans Saints fans complained of harassment by unruly 49ers faithful last week.

Some of those fans ruined the day for a shaken Don Moses and his two teenage daughters. Moses, a longtime Bay Area resident who is from New Orleans, said they were wearing the Saints' colors and prepared for some good-natured ribbing.

Instead, he tells a horror story of fear and humiliation when his daughters asked him why he didn't do anything to stop the hulking 49ers fans who yelled vulgarities and threw footballs at them, screamed in their faces and called their mother a whore.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:32 pm

wet weather/wind game tonight, blech:

Cloudy and windy with periods of rain. Low around 50F. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Rainfall near a half an inch.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:44 pm

I can't decide if I want to root for the 'other' Manning, or if I want to root for Jim Harbaugh's team. JH was our QB in Indy for a while after all, in the Ted Marchibroda era. Actually I would have really liked a Harbaugh/Harbaugh Super Bowl of Niners/Ravens, but that isn't going to happen. So I guess whichever team has a better chance of beating NEPs in the SB is who i'm for tonight.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:45 pm

scottaa1 wrote:wet weather/wind game tonight, blech:

Cloudy and windy with periods of rain. Low around 50F. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Rainfall near a half an inch.

It's appropriate. After the BS ending in the AFC Championship Game, why should we care if this game was any good. There might be a crucial play in the last minute that the officials just "fail" to review. :-t

Again - the NFL sux.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Yeah, Joe... I'm feeling a lack of interest in football at this point. I'm watching because it's what guys are supposed to do, but really... my mind's eye is eyeing the xbox360 and thinking, can I really turn off a championship game to play video games?
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:11 pm

shoulder, or wrist, on Nicks? Huge loss for the g-men, hope he comes right back out of the locker room.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting