Goodell Extension through 2018 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Goodell Extension through 2018

Moderator: Football Moderators

Goodell Extension through 2018

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Mooch was going to post this, but he was so excited to hear the news that he is on a plane to personally congratulate Roger over dinner.

abc.com wrote:NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's contract was extended Wednesday through the 2018 season.

The 52-year-old Goodell took over for Paul Tagliabue in 2006. His original five-year contract was extended in 2009, and the new extension runs through March 2019.

He was rewarded by the 32 clubs after one of the league's most successful seasons, even though it was preceded by a 4 1-2 month lockout that led to a new 10-year collective bargaining agreement. Goodell made about $10 million, including bonuses, in his previous deal; during the lockout, he had a $1 salary.

link to story
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Goodell Extension through 2018

Postby Calyxes » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:59 pm

It culd be worse...the NFL could have Stern :-o
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:39 pm

Shocking. A guy who punishes players, gives the game moments of befuddling suctatude with instant replays over-ruled by blind zebras and "processes." Introduce booring laywer to be a central and way to oft heard member of broadcast teams gets paid by owners. I don't see that Goodell is that much different than Stern, Calyxes, seems he is a bit of a copy cat. Rookie salary cap, personal conduct codes (NBA dress code) etc. Bah, sour grapes on my part. Football is great, Goodell is mediocre, I am bitter :-{
Same as it ever was. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:11 pm

I wish the NFL commissioners job had nothing to do with labor negotiations.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:04 am

Here is the year end message that was sent from Goodell:

To NFL Fans:

Now that another remarkable NFL season has concluded, let me express my gratitude on behalf of all 32 NFL teams for your incredible support. Record numbers of you watched at home, made your way to the stadium, and connected with the NFL in numerous other ways during the 2011 season. Your love of football is what makes the NFL special.

We are proud of the quality of the game today. From the individuals and team skills on display in every game to the record-breaking achievements of future Hall of Famers, the 2011 season was extraordinary on many levels.

It finished up with some of the most exciting playoff games of recent years leading to a tense, drama-filled Super Bowl between the Giants and Patriots that was the most-watched show in the history of television. What a tribute to our players, coaches, and fans!

As good as it’s been, I believe the NFL’s best days are ahead. Our responsibility in leading the league is to protect and enhance the bond between our game and the passionate fans who sustain it. We know we have to earn your trust every day and prove we are worthy of your amazing support.

Our commitment to improve everything we do is ongoing. We are not done yet. From the game on the field to the fan experience at home -- and everything in between -- there are ways we can do even better. We owe it to you, the fans, to believe in better and strive for more. Our game has always evolved and that will continue. I encourage you to visit our new web site – [url]NFL.com/evolution[/url] – to explore how the game has improved over the past century. There are more good changes to come.

Our mission is captured very simply in these four words:
Forever forward. Forever football. Thank you once again for your passion and commitment to the game we all love.

Roger Goodell
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:04 pm

dream_017 wrote:Mooch was going to post this, but he was so excited to hear the news that he is on a plane to personally congratulate Roger over dinner.

LOL so exasperated by the news, I just now realized you posted this. :-b
And you'd think the parasite would at least mention me in his message to the fans :-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:57 am

moochman wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Mooch was going to post this, but he was so excited to hear the news that he is on a plane to personally congratulate Roger over dinner.

LOL so exasperated by the news, I just now realized you posted this. :-b
And you'd think the parasite would at least mention me in his message to the fans :-D

:-B ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby joejlitz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:42 am

Roddy White asks: How the hell can Goodell get paid so much?

Falcons receiver Roddy White saw Florio’s item about the salary of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, and suffice to say White doesn’t think the commissioner should be making more money than most players make.

White wrote on Twitter that he doesn’t see how a non-player can be raking in $10 million now, with a deal that will pay him nearly $20 million a year by 2019.

“How in the hell can u pay a man this much money that cant run tackle or catch,” White wrote. “Roger Goodell is getting over never seen anything like it 20 million for looking over the league with tremendous help I guess the NFL is banking.”

White added, “the players make this league dont ever forget that.”

Rest of article:
Roddy White asks: How the hell can Goodell get paid so much?

Athletes are always more likeable until they open their mouths. How a veteran in this league cannot understand why the commissioner makes more money they he does it beyond me.

Like him or hate him, Goodell put the pieces in place for one of the most lucrative NFL seasons ever. Hey Roddy - without the commish, you wouldn't be getting your $10M per year. And that's a fact.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Football Talk