Keepers for next year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keepers for next year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keepers for next year

Postby Calyxes » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Well, after scoring a 175 points in the first round of the playoffs and losing, I am finally ready to start thinking about who to keep for next year in my money league. We get to keep five players from any position and we can keep a 6th player if that player is a rookie. If a team decides to keep a sixth player, the team has to give up it's first round pick. It is a ten team league and I have the 7th pick. Standard scoring except all TD's are scored on length. You can get up to 12pts for TD and that is for scores of over 50yds. All positions TD's points are the same. Only .5pts per reception. Also bonuses for reaching yardage marks. Example: 3pts for a WR getting 100yds. Can get up to 5 extra points for yardage marks. We start the Following: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE flex, TE, K, DEF

My players are

QB: Romo

RB: D. McFadden, M. Turner, M. Bush, R. Bush, M. Leshoure(R)

WR: R. White, D. Bryant, D. Jackson, T. Young(R), D. Moore(R), T. Smith(R)

TE: D. Clark, O.Daniels, K. Winslow, F. Davis
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keepers for next year

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Calyxes wrote:Well, after scoring a 175 points in the first round of the playoffs and losing, I am finally ready to start thinking about who to keep for next year in my money league. We get to keep five players from any position and we can keep a 6th player if that player is a rookie. If a team decides to keep a sixth player, the team has to give up it's first round pick. It is a ten team league and I have the 7th pick. Standard scoring except all TD's are scored on length. You can get up to 12pts for TD and that is for scores of over 50yds. All positions TD's points are the same. Only .5pts per reception. Also bonuses for reaching yardage marks. Example: 3pts for a WR getting 100yds. Can get up to 5 extra points for yardage marks. We start the Following: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE flex, TE, K, DEF

My players are

QB: Romo

RB: D. McFadden, M. Turner, M. Bush, R. Bush, M. Leshoure(R)

WR: R. White, D. Bryant, D. Jackson, T. Young(R), D. Moore(R), T. Smith(R)

TE: D. Clark, O.Daniels, K. Winslow, F. Davis

Where would you pick in the first round if you decided to only keep 5?

You've got a lot of interesting potential keepers. DJax's value goes up in a league like yours. There is now talk that OAK may look to trade DMac for draft picks.

At this moment, I would keep:
Roddy White
Dez Bryant
DMac
Reggie Bush
Michael Turner

and I don't see a rookie that I would keep in lieu of a 1st (6th) round pick.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keepers for next year

Postby MadDog36 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:14 pm

RB: D. McFadden, M. Turner, R. Bush
WR: R. White, D. Bryant
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball