Cam/1.09 for A. Rodgers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Cam/1.09 for A. Rodgers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cam/1.09 for A. Rodgers?

Postby Devil Doc » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:53 pm

JnBama wrote:Went ahead and worked out a trade for Rodgers. I gave Cam/S. Holmes for Rodgers/3.10. I'm not too high on Holmes so didn't mind losing him but real happy to pick up Rodgers.

My main core is Rodgers, Eli, Forte, Moreno, McGahee, Blount, Roddy, Djax, L. Robinson, Knox and Gronk. Need to add some depth but getting there.

You win in almost any scenario when you land Rodgers. Good deal.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:39 pm

I wouldn't have wanted to give up a first round rook pick...I think the other guy got you good. Still though, its a fair deal for both sides.

I don't think you won this deal going away.

I'd look to upgrade your RB/WR core before marginally (if at all) your QB situation. Eli has blossomed into a top 10 dynasty QB in his own right...so its not like you needed Rodgers with Eli/Cam as your QBs. I would have looked to upgrade to a top 5 RB and top tier 2 WR package....if you were dead set.

Moreno, McGahee, Knox, DJax can you count on these guys? Are they top value? Nope.

YOu might can snag a marginal upgrade with McGahee and DJax but you had best act fast and do some serious selling on DJax potential.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Devil Doc » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:17 pm

MadDog36 wrote:I wouldn't have wanted to give up a first round rook pick...I think the other guy got you good. Still though, its a fair deal for both sides.

I don't think you won this deal going away.

I'd look to upgrade your RB/WR core before marginally (if at all) your QB situation. Eli has blossomed into a top 10 dynasty QB in his own right...so its not like you needed Rodgers with Eli/Cam as your QBs. I would have looked to upgrade to a top 5 RB and top tier 2 WR package....if you were dead set.

Moreno, McGahee, Knox, DJax can you count on these guys? Are they top value? Nope.

YOu might can snag a marginal upgrade with McGahee and DJax but you had best act fast and do some serious selling on DJax potential.

He didn't lose a first round pick, he GAINED 3.10. He did give up Holmes in the deal, but you ended up on the winning side of it.

Rodgers > Newton.

I'd take that draft pick you got for holmes, and package another pick for either an upgrade at RB, or a higher draft pick to get a more reliable RB in your draft.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Postby srlarson » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:41 pm

I agree you won. I don't think Cam has another year like this year....he won't run for that many Td's again......and with the tools he has in Carolina I see him struggling to maintain his passing yards.

Give me the pocket passer....on the Superbowl contender...with a wide open offense.

Now some other good points...may be time to capitalize on Eli, first I'm not a fan, but his value will never be higher.....I would look to trade him for a backup QB, and an upgrade at RB or WR......

Good luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby JnBama » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Thanks for input guys... I would like to move Eli but haven't had any takers yet. I do like Cam but I just couldn't pass on Rodgers.
JnBama
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby wilhouse » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Cam had almost the same production that rodgers did last year. I think he only gets better as he continues to improve. I know rodgers blew it up last year but i dont think he continues that same level of production over and over again.

its a risk but I stay with Cam.
http://Fantasysportedge.com My early 2012 QB, RB and WR Rankings have been posted.

Follow me on twitter @house_edge
wilhouse
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shark1225 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:21 pm

I agree with Maddog, losing a 1st round pick would have been a mistake. Don't look for any near the same TD/Int ratio from Rodgers this season but the yards should be close or even more. Holmes was a good one to give up, he was a big part of the train wreck that was the Jets season/locker room. Would surprise me to see a huge decline in his numbers.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions