Even more Thursday night football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Even more Thursday night football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Even more Thursday night football

Postby joejlitz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:39 pm

moochman wrote:More football on TV? How can that be wrong? But it is. Very wrong...

Goodell and his office blah blah blah blah.

I agree. More does not equal better. I love the NFL and I even like the Thursday night games (if you, the collective you and not anyone in particular, don't have NFL Network by now after what? 5 seasons? that's no one's fault but yours) and even if the crew on the NFL Network sucks, that's not gonna bother me enough to not watch a good football game. But starting in Week 2 is freaking overkill. Let's have 2 games on Thursdays and then people can choose! And wait - why don't we play on Wednesdays, too? Sheesh. :-t
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:10 pm

We already have two thursday games. It's called thanksgiving which should be the ONLY thursday games IMHO.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joejlitz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:19 pm

scottaa1 wrote:We already have two thursday games. It's called thanksgiving which should be the ONLY thursday games IMHO.

I'm a traditionalist, but I was excited when they first introduced the extra Thursday games. That's progress, IMO and I think they provided added benefit to the viewer. Progress can be good. Otherwise, we'd still be without instant replay, wearing leather helmets, and having guys play on both sides of the ball. Guys would still be playing for the NFL Championship instead of the Super Bowl and there would only be 12 teams. But a more realistic example is the "defenseless receiver" penalty which as a former linebacker I absolutely hate, but if it makes the game safer, than I totally understand.

Progress can also be bad, as in Thursday night games every week, the 3rd Thanksgiving game, and some might say the addition of the CAR Panthers. Others would argue that free agency has been bad for the fans.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Previous

Return to Football Talk