What are your Super Bowl plans? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What are your Super Bowl plans?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What are your Super Bowl plans?

Postby joejlitz » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:17 am

Happy Super Bowl, everybody!

Today, I'm hosting my first real Super Bowl party and we're having about 30 people over. Everyone is bringing food to share, but I'm also making hot wings and we've got a meat and cheese tray and foccacia bread from Panera to make sandwiches. We also went to Party City and got a Super Bowl tablecloth, Giants/Patriots balloons, beads with the two teams' colors for people to wear the team that they are rooting for, and other various other football stuff. It should be a great time.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What are your Super Bowl plans?

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:01 am

Nice. I've hosted the big SB party numerous times. Have a laptop handy for people to look up stuff in commercials, etc. Pen and paper for making bets. Stuff like first commercial, first team to score, etc. etc. Have a super bowl grid as well if you want. Because believe it or not, there will be people (read: spouses) not that interested in the game who will get bored. I'd always have a deck or two of cards on a table off to the side, along with dice for 3-man, etc. If you've got an extra bedroom or two, have them ready to offer to anyone who parties too much, and have the number of a taxi service handy. Oh and a mechanical bull. Gotta have a mechanical bull. Anatomically correct and all. Then if someone does end up crashing at chez joe, put it in the rooom with them while they're passed out, so it's the first thing they see in the morning. Good stuff.

As for me, It's crazy around Indy and I've dealt with enough of that for the week. I might just get the fireplace going later, make wings or pizza, and get to bed at a decent hour. Interview tomorrow, so no debauchery for me.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:16 pm

scottaa1 wrote: Oh and a mechanical bull. Gotta have a mechanical bull.

You're a goof. :-B :-b

Thanks for the tips and enjoy the game. I'm thinking that hosting the party will make me a lot less likely to watch it, so I'm regretting this a little, but what the hell! It's a party. B-)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby m16a » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Not too much at school, so me and some buddies went back to our friend's house, got a few things of soda, some ice cream, wings, enchiladas, nachos, and just enjoyed hanging out, good munchies, and a good football game. Nothing crazy, but still a ton of fun.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Return to General Talk