Super Bowl Thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Super Bowl Thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Super Bowl Thoughts

Postby KingK12 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 pm

Was anyone else disappointed with play of Brady in the 4th quarter? Although it was a good game with good people, he still coasted me $$$!! Share your thoughts on the game and what should of happened or not...
KingK12
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Super Bowl Thoughts

Postby Stevooo » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:09 am

I dunno if I agree with the intentional grounding. Seemed like Brady thought he was doing a post or something and the reciever cut across the middle. Although I picked NYG to win, in all my years of watching football have never seen intentional grounding called down the field like that. I understand why it was called though. Close call in a huge game. Manninghams catch was amazing and was funny to see Bradshaw try to decide if he should go down or not on the goal line. Gronk not being healthy really hurt the Pats though Hernandez stepped up nicely. Just rambling on but those are my thoughts on the game.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby mattb47 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:39 pm

It's "possible" someone ran the wrong route on that intentional grounding call, but the play took long enough to develop that if they missed the route at that point, Brady would have realized it. He probably didn't think they would throw the flag on a ball thrown down the middle of the field like that (as they normally don't) but I think it was probably the right call there as I didn't see ANYONE in the area at all and it was obvious he was just throwing it away to avoid the sack and safety.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:11 am

What I wonder about is just how Brady would have looked in the 4th quarter if the Pats had the Giants D signals? Well, that and that Brady seems to have lost some arm strength. Underthrowing Gronkowski on that interception was pretty bad for a guy who used to throw a very respectible deep pass.
My unspoken thought watching that game was that both teams played like they didn't belong in the Super Bowl.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Stevooo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:19 pm

After Tuck drove Brady's shoulder into the ground he really didnt look the same. Before that point he was on fire. Not taking anything away from the G-men but Brady definatly wasnt himself. Also, if Gronk was healthy maybe he comes up with that pass instead of an INT?
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:46 am

moochman wrote:What I wonder about is just how Brady would have looked in the 4th quarter if the Pats had the Giants D signals?

This. The Pats suck when they can't videotape your practices.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:10 am

Stevooo wrote:After Tuck drove Brady's shoulder into the ground he really didnt look the same. Before that point he was on fire. Not taking anything away from the G-men but Brady definatly wasnt himself. Also, if Gronk was healthy maybe he comes up with that pass instead of an INT?

Did you notice at the coin-flip the pats did something, who knows what, and Tuck looked rather pissed off? I said 'that's a great idea, piss off a DE right before the game.'

Gronk seemed to be blowing off the loss rather easily, as videotape of his nightclubbing showed. But I guess he had the ankle 'scoped after all.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Return to Football Talk