Keeper and trade help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper and trade help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper and trade help

Postby PrinceEatMeat » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm in a keeper league and we keep 3 players. This is the first year, so you give up the pick for the round you drafted the guy in. A guy wants to trade me Rodgers(2nd) or Manning(13th) for Welker(7th). Obviously he prefers Manning, and may trade a pick also with him. I'm thinking about offering Welker straight up for Rodgers. Also, in subsequent years, you give up a pick 3 rounds higher to continue to keep a guy. So Welker would be 7th in 2012, 4th in 2013, 1st in 2014. Rodgers is 2nd in 2012 then gone. Manning is 13th in 2012, 10th in 2013, 7th in 2014, 4th in 2015, 1st in 2016.

Any advice would be appreciated. I feel pretty comfortable trading Welker with the depth at WR, and I think I need to nail down a QB. I also have Jimmy Graham to offset the WR position a little bit.

My current roster (round to keep in parentheses) I picked most of these guys up at the end of the season as potential keepers:

Tebow(16th)
Gore(2nd)
M. Bush(10th)
A. Brown(16th)
Welker(7th)
L. Robinson(16th)
Graham(13th)
Texans(16th)
Janikowski(16th)
Palmer(16th)
Britt(6th)
P. Manning(3rd)
Schaub(10th)
LeShoure(16th)
Gerhart(16th)
Flynn(16th)
Last edited by PrinceEatMeat on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrinceEatMeat
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper and trade help

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:22 pm

I think I would do the Manning trade. Welker at round 7 is a steal for a top 5 WR. Manning is also great value in the 13th but the QB position is deep after the elite QBs which Manning is not, in fantasy terms. It would help to see your whole roster though. good luck! ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby PrinceEatMeat » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:31 pm

I would be getting Rodgers or Manning, not trading them. Thought I made that clear.
PrinceEatMeat
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Indibuck » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:45 pm

In a league where you only keep 3, I wouldn't advise keeping a QB unless you 1. are getting killer value for it or 2. have no other roster options. Neither scenario fits your squad.

I would keep:
Graham for a 13th
Welker for a 7th

The third keeper comes down to Michael Bush for a 10th (watch to see where he signs or if DMac is traded) or Antonio Brown for a 16th.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby PrinceEatMeat » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Indibuck wrote:In a league where you only keep 3, I wouldn't advise keeping a QB unless you 1. are getting killer value for it or 2. have no other roster options. Neither scenario fits your squad.

I would keep:
Graham for a 13th
Welker for a 7th

The third keeper comes down to Michael Bush for a 10th (watch to see where he signs or if DMac is traded) or Antonio Brown for a 16th.

I understand what you're saying for sure. But what QB should I be looking to target then? I know that Brees, Brady, Stafford, Newton, and either Rodgers or Manning will be kept and likely both if one is traded. I was planning to keep Graham and Welker, but then I'm not sure who else to keep. I'm hoping Bush signs elsewhere so I have a RB to keep. Then I guess I can target a QB, but I'm not too hot on anyone except the guys being kept already.
PrinceEatMeat
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby srlarson » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:43 pm

I agree with Indi on the first two....these are locks:

I would keep:
Graham for a 13th
Welker for a 7th

If you can get Rogers not bad.....but.....

I also like these values
Schaub (10th)
Flynn (16th) depending where he goes
L Robinson (16th)
M Bush (again depending)

Lots of good options
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby MadDog36 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:42 am

But it says on your rules you could only keep Rodgers for next year then he'd be gone but you'd have Eli for the next four years which wins the deal for you if I read that right.

Graham is a keeper for sure.
I'd keep Gore for a 2nd also.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions