Keep 1: Blount, Helu, or McGahee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keep 1: Blount, Helu, or McGahee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Keep 1: Blount, Helu, or McGahee

Postby Shark1225 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Shark1225 wrote:I have 2 in Victor Cruz and Jimmy Graham but for my third a would like a RB. The cost is a 15th rounder for Blount, 8th for Helu and 9th for McGahee so I am not too worried about that I just want the most production. I could take Peyton Manning with my third also.

Blount is 10 times as valuable if the Bucs have a lead which they should have more next year.
Helu is in Shanny's offensive so you never know there.
McGahee is old and Moreno will be healthy again.
Interesting dilema now. In my mind, keeping Peyton with my third round selection seems a lot better than Helu in 8th or Blount in 15th. But then that leaves me no RB's to start and drafting 6th in a 12 man league. I could probably get a decent RB1 but then for RB2 or flex I would be pretty screwed, not much left at 19 after all the keepers, especially for RBs.

Right now I guess I would have to keep Blount.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby srlarson » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:28 am

If Wash takes RG3 I think it really hurts Helu, and if TB takes Richardson would hurt Blount....I think you really have to wait until after the draft if you can......see where guys fall.

For me Manning is not an option.....either way you need the best RB on the board @6......at best these guys are Rb#2's, probably flex players.....so still have alot of work to do!!

Good Luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Shark1225 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Skurzilla wrote:I would go with Helu. McGahee is getting old and injury prone and it seems like Tampa always shares carries for their running game.
This is they way I am leaning. TB seems to find a new back every year, I can't remember the last time a TB RB had 2 good seasons in a row, I should have traded him before last year when he had value.

McGahee will return to RBBC at best with a healthy Moreno to start the season, but I would love to draft him in the late rounds like I did last year.
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby wilhouse » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:28 am

If BJGE wasn't costing you a 3rd round pick I was say take him for sure, otherwise I would go with Blount.

I would love to suggest Helu, espically if its a PPR league but who ever knows whats going on with the Redskins.
http://Fantasysportedge.com My early 2012 QB, RB and WR Rankings have been posted.

Follow me on twitter @house_edge
wilhouse
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Shark1225 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Now it is post-draft and things look a little differently. Helu looks like my best option now with Blount good for goalline carries and maybe to ice some games. I would love to have Doug Martin with a late round pick. We have to name keepers after 2 preseason games and then draft after the third "exhibition" game so things could change but unless Martin gets hurt he will take enough away from Blount to make it an easy choice for me, don't you think?
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby murphysxm » Mon May 07, 2012 5:40 pm

I think the post draft fall out for Blount makes Helu the obvious choice to me.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Indibuck » Mon May 07, 2012 7:51 pm

murphysxm wrote:I think the post draft fall out for Blount makes Helu the obvious choice to me.

Agreed. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Shark1225 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Draft is tomorrow night I think I chose wisely in keeping Mcgahee last week even though no one on here mentioned him. Should be a solid RB2, especially with John Fox as HC.

Now my dilema is at 1.6 do I go RB1 or Brees or Brady if they are there. Of the 5 teams picking before me 4 of them kept a QB so 1 of those 2 should be there.
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Shark1225 wrote:Draft is tomorrow night I think I chose wisely in keeping Mcgahee last week even though no one on here mentioned him. Should be a solid RB2, especially with John Fox as HC.

Now my dilema is at 1.6 do I go RB1 or Brees or Brady if they are there. Of the 5 teams picking before me 4 of them kept a QB so 1 of those 2 should be there.

A lot can and has changed since the last post in this thread.

Who you go with depends on your scoring and which RBs are being kept. It's hard to say without knowing.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions