Keeper Select Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper Select Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Keeper Select Help

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Never keep a DST!
I'd keep Flynn if you feel like tossing back DJax on an upside play. Flynn will be good. I'd rather take a chance on a QB than take a Flacco.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kardiac Arrest » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:52 am

Flynn would be in the draft and there will also be other young QBs available as his back up QB so he would have his choice of other guys, ie, Luck, Griffin, or even Flynn. Keeping a very solid defense opens up opportunities to be more creative in the draft, to accumulate better players. The Jets defense fills a hole that needs filled and allows him to draft a good player with upside instead of spending a draft pick on a defense. Pending on his scoring, having a good solid defense DOES matter. It is likely that the best defenses will be kept on other teams, and there is a drop off after the top 6 or 7 defenses to the next tier. Keeping a solid Def like the Jets is just one less thing you would have to worry about come draft time and he can concentrate on drafting players at skill positions. IMHO.
2010 Tremont FF (auction, PPR): League Champion
2010 NRFL League Runner Up: 9-7
2011 NRFL (keeper, contracts, PPR) 5th place finish: 8-6
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein" - Joe Theisman
Kardiac Arrest
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kardiac Arrest » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:58 am

warner892001 wrote:if you had to let one of the receivers go, which would you let go of?

DeSean Jackson...Waaay to inconsistent..let him be someone else's headache. He was mine last year...not worth dealing with.
2010 Tremont FF (auction, PPR): League Champion
2010 NRFL League Runner Up: 9-7
2011 NRFL (keeper, contracts, PPR) 5th place finish: 8-6
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein" - Joe Theisman
Kardiac Arrest
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Devil Doc » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:31 pm

warner892001 wrote:I am allowed to keep 7 players and here is who I am considering

DeSean Jackson
Dez Bryant
Joe Flacco - I also have Kevin Kolb at QB but no other QBs
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Victor Cruz
Jets D
Antonio Brown
Matt Flynn
Mike Wallace

Which 7 would you keep?

Bryant
Gore
Cruz
Brown
Wallace
SJax
Flynn

Here's my reasoning for Flynn over Flacco. Flacco to me is not in that ELITE catergory of QB's, and year after year can probably be dropped and redrafted in most leagues. But to me, he's not that guy that is a top 5 fantasy producer that I'd be crazy not to keep. Now Flynn, we don't know what to expect, as we aren't sure where he's going to play next year. No way do the Packers tag him, he'll be making 6mil more than Rodgers, and it makes no sense business wise. I do strongly belive he'll end up in Miami, where he's got Brandon Marshall and 2 more than servicable RB's in Bush and Thomas. Its a big risk keeping Flynn, but the reward could be even greater if he puts up numbers any where close to where he did against Detroit. I'd be willing to take that risk, and draft another QB for my safety net, hell you could even get Flacco again depending on what are other team needs and where you draft.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Devil Doc wrote:
warner892001 wrote:I am allowed to keep 7 players and here is who I am considering

DeSean Jackson
Dez Bryant
Joe Flacco - I also have Kevin Kolb at QB but no other QBs
Steven Jackson
Frank Gore
Victor Cruz
Jets D
Antonio Brown
Matt Flynn
Mike Wallace

Which 7 would you keep?

Flynn could produce like Stafford or Matt Ryan or he could end up being like a Flacco or Cutler all the upside but not the numbers to show. Flynn is gone from G. Bay even the owner said he wants him to start somewhere. I'd draft you a good QB-1 in the draft with your first pick if no decent RBs are available. FYI your WR core is set.

Bryant
Gore
Cruz
Brown
Wallace
SJax
Flynn

Here's my reasoning for Flynn over Flacco. Flacco to me is not in that ELITE catergory of QB's, and year after year can probably be dropped and redrafted in most leagues. But to me, he's not that guy that is a top 5 fantasy producer that I'd be crazy not to keep. Now Flynn, we don't know what to expect, as we aren't sure where he's going to play next year. No way do the Packers tag him, he'll be making 6mil more than Rodgers, and it makes no sense business wise. I do strongly belive he'll end up in Miami, where he's got Brandon Marshall and 2 more than servicable RB's in Bush and Thomas. Its a big risk keeping Flynn, but the reward could be even greater if he puts up numbers any where close to where he did against Detroit. I'd be willing to take that risk, and draft another QB for my safety net, hell you could even get Flacco again depending on what are other team needs and where you draft.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions