Mike Williams + 2.5 for rookie 1.5? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Mike Williams + 2.5 for rookie 1.5? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Williams + 2.5 for rookie 1.5? WHIR

Postby ollie7585 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:18 pm

I'm in a 12 team, 10 player keeper. Non-PPR, 6pts for all TD, 10 yds rush/rec, 25 yds passing. QB 2RB 3WR TE K D

My roster is pretty deep (in sig) and I'm looking to move up in the draft through some of my questionable keepers. I have the 12th pick each round in addition to 2.5 and 5.7.

I'm looking to trade up to the early first round, I have my eye on RG3.

A) Do you expect RG3 to be available at 5? I assume Luck, Richardson and Blackmon to be taken top 3, but I am unsure who would go 4th.

B) Would an offer of 2.5 + Mike Williams (TB) be enough to move up to 1.5? The 5th draft pick owner has AP, should I add Gerhart to the mix? Should I add another WR (Moore/Little)?

Team B top players:
Stafford
Palmer
Dalton

Steven Jackson
AD
Jon Stewart

Britt
Santana Moss
Gaffney
Burleson
Garcon

Witten
ollie7585
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mike Williams + 2.5 for rookie 1.5? WHIR

Postby Indibuck » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:16 pm

ollie7585 wrote:I'm in a 12 team, 10 player keeper. Non-PPR, 6pts for all TD, 10 yds rush/rec, 25 yds passing. QB 2RB 3WR TE K D

My roster is pretty deep (in sig) and I'm looking to move up in the draft through some of my questionable keepers. I have the 12th pick each round in addition to 2.5 and 5.7.

I'm looking to trade up to the early first round, I have my eye on RG3.

A) Do you expect RG3 to be available at 5? I assume Luck, Richardson and Blackmon to be taken top 3, but I am unsure who would go 4th.

B) Would an offer of 2.5 + Mike Williams (TB) be enough to move up to 1.5? The 5th draft pick owner has AP, should I add Gerhart to the mix? Should I add another WR (Moore/Little)?

Team B top players:
Stafford
Palmer
Dalton

Steven Jackson
AD
Jon Stewart

Britt
Santana Moss
Gaffney
Burleson
Garcon

Witten

A. Tough one to figure right now. It depends on what happens in the draft. If a RB outside of Richardson falls into a great situation (a la Ryan Mathews 2 years ago, or Daniel Thomas last year), then that person is probably the 1.04. It also depends on how your league drafts WRs... there is some talent in this class. At this point, 1.05 is about right for RG3, although it might take the 1.03 or 1.04 to assure yourself of that.

B. I would trade TB Williams and the 2.05 for the 1.05 all day long. If you have to throw a lesser player in (a la Gerheart) I would do that as well.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:39 pm

A) I think RG3 will go 1.05-1.07 in most leagues. I can see Wright, Miller or Wilson being the #4 depending on the situation.
B) I would make that trade. You can get RG3, Miller or Wright with the 1.05 who will have higher upside then Mike Williams.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:24 pm

I don't think RG3 will be there at 5.

The offer in the title is a legit starting point. I would wait for him to ask for Gerhart before adding him in.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby dblj9911 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Well I think with how Newton played this past year and other rookie qb's they will start to go higher in rookie drafts. If you can get the 1.5 pick you should still have a pretty good player available. I don't think offering your 2.5 and bench players will get it done, you will need something more for that high of a pick.

viewtopic.php?t=512309
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions