Trade Foster for AP and Charles? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Foster for AP and Charles?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Foster for AP and Charles?

Postby mattdelight » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:54 am

Was just offered a trade in my 10 team ppr dynasty league.

I send Arian Foster and Antonio Brown

for

Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles

I love Foster, even more with the recent news of his new 5 year deal. But can I pass on this offer? Brown has the opportunity to be a #1 WR if Wallace moves on. But those two ACL torn RBs are scary.

The guy also has Toby Gerhart so I should be able to work him into the mix as a little bit of AP insurance but I don't know.

Roster:
QB: Roethlisberger, Fitzpatrick, Palmer
WR: Wes Welker, Colston, Antonio Brown, Manningham, Doug Baldwin, Jacoby Ford
RB: Foster, Gore, Hillis, J.Stew, Benson, Ben Tate, Rashad Jennings
TE: Jimmy Graham, Celek
mattdelight
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Foster for AP and Charles?

Postby Indibuck » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:02 am

It depends on the level of risk you are willing to take on. IF AP and Charles both make it back relatively intact, you probably end up with the better end of the deal. But that's obviously a HUGE "if". You are need of a quality 2nd RB.

I would counter the offer with either a lesser WR than Brown (who I like a lot coming into 2012) or to get a draft pick out of it as well as Gerheart.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Well first you have to look at the two players your getting back. Charles has had one big year, he injured his knee in the first week or two last year, so he should be all the way back. AP was hurt late and could potentially start the season on the pup list and ,iss the first 6 weeks. So long term I like this move and you have Gore on your roster also. As good as Foster is I think I'm doing this deal. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?t=512309
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:16 pm

I would pass on the deal mainly due to you giving up Brown who I really like. He has top 15 upside especially in PPR. Also I have seen quite a few mock drafts that have Trent Richardson going to the Chiefs so if he falls I am sure the Chiefs will take him. For that reason I would wait on this deal since you don't want to get stuck in that situation.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:00 am

A big no from me. Huge risk(too much) involved in getting AP and Charles in return. If trading Foster I would look to get something more sure in the deal
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions