Moderator: Football Moderators

Marshawn Lynch Value

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi all,
12 Team IDP Dynasty, .5 PPR league, start 2WR, 2RB, 1WR/RB
RBs-JStew, Mendy, Gerhart, Hillis, Hightower
WRs-Dez Bryant, Britt, Cruz, Demaryrius Thomas, A. Brown, Floyd, Sanders
LBs-Hawthorne, D. Jackson, Urlacher, Butler, Poz

I am relatively weak at RB however strong at LB and WR. Is Marshawn Lynch worth this?
Antonio Brown
Demaryius Thomas
Brian Urlacher

FOR

Marshawn Lynch
Ben Tate

Thanks in advance
-Stever
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Marshawn Lynch Value

Postby Shark1225 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:09 pm

I think Lynch has one more good season left in him, potential for 1200 yds and up to 10 TD's. Downside is he is playing for the Seahawks who stink so if the season turns sour faster than expected they may want a youth movement and he could be replaced by any up and coming rookie.

For next season I would try it. You are not giving up a whole lot.

If you are looking for a RB try and get Mikel Leshoure for DET. They sorely lacked a running game after Best went down last year and even if Best is 100% it is 50-50 with Leshoure getting the goalline carries.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:45 pm

I think Lynch has to be included in that 2nd tier of RBs... and probably near the top of that 2nd tier.

While the WRs you are thinking of offering are intriguing, if I am the Lynch owner, I would flat-out refuse the deal.

I think you'll have to come off quite a bit more IMHO.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Shark1225 wrote:I think Lynch has one more good season left in him, potential for 1200 yds and up to 10 TD's. Downside is he is playing for the Seahawks who stink so if the season turns sour faster than expected they may want a youth movement and he could be replaced by any up and coming rookie.

Will 2012 SEA stink more than they did in 2011, when he went off in the 2nd half of the year? Why would he only have one more good year left? You realize he won't turn 26 until April, right?

If SEA might go with a "youth movement", it won't be at RB, where Lynch has signed a 4 year/$31M contract, with $17M guaranteed.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:16 am

Indibuck wrote:I think Lynch has to be included in that 2nd tier of RBs... and probably near the top of that 2nd tier.

While the WRs you are thinking of offering are intriguing, if I am the Lynch owner, I would flat-out refuse the deal.

thanks for the fast replies.
This was offered by the owner of Lynch.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Indibuck » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:29 am

11stever11 wrote:
Indibuck wrote:I think Lynch has to be included in that 2nd tier of RBs... and probably near the top of that 2nd tier.

thanks for the fast replies.
This was offered by the owner of Lynch.

Wow... then I guess you know what my response would be: ;-D
Indibuck

Postby dream_017 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:58 am

I agree with Indi - I think Lynch has a lot of value and would side with the team gettting Lynch in a heartbeat. LBs are dime a dozen in IDP and I don't think you are taking that big of a hit at WR with your upgrade at RB
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions