Passing TD's: 4pts vs 6pts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Passing TD's: 4pts vs 6pts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Passing TD's: 4pts vs 6pts

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 pm

i use 6 pts bc you should give QBs more points, and not bc they are special, but bc you only start 1 of them. and im only comparing to RB and WRs, i dont care about TEs and kickers

i try and make my QB score about what the 2 Rbs and the 2 WRs woudl score. if you have your QB position just score as much as a single RB or WR, then they become devalued come draft time. if you do the scoring wher rodgers is only scoring 16 pts a game, and the 10th best QB is scoring 13, well who cares. ill just wait in the draft and pick up the 10th best QB in the 8th rd and pick Rbs and WRs until then.

what i try and do is make QBs, RBs, and WRs valued equally in teh draft. making QBs score more helps do this.

i have a real life example of this. a league i run every year w my friends and family always had 4pts for teh reasons already stated. but that just made it so QBs were drafted starting in the mid to late rounds, bc the difference between teh elite and just good QBs wasnt worth spending an early rd pick on. bumping up teh TDs to 6 pts, dropping it from 25 yds to 20yds a point, and decreasing INTs to only -1 point made the difference in points scored between aaron rodgers and flacco enough that the elite QBs started getting drafted in the early rounds

and no teh first 12 picks were not QB, as there would be no point based on standard deviation. only the top tier elite Qbs got drafted early, just like Rbs and WRs. then the good QBs went in the mid rounds, and backups in the late rounds. it has created perfect balance coem draft day between QBs, RBs, and WRs....just what i wanted.

also, this allows the QBs to retain that value come trade time in the season. if teh elite QBs only score a few more points than the guy i drafted in the 8th rd, im not trading a good RB for him. no point. its all about standard deviation creating value
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dmarcel2nd » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:42 pm

shawngee03 wrote:i use 6 pts bc you should give QBs more points, and not bc they are special, but bc you only start 1 of them. and im only comparing to RB and WRs, i dont care about TEs and kickers

i try and make my QB score about what the 2 Rbs and the 2 WRs woudl score. if you have your QB position just score as much as a single RB or WR, then they become devalued come draft time. if you do the scoring wher rodgers is only scoring 16 pts a game, and the 10th best QB is scoring 13, well who cares. ill just wait in the draft and pick up the 10th best QB in the 8th rd and pick Rbs and WRs until then.

what i try and do is make QBs, RBs, and WRs valued equally in teh draft. making QBs score more helps do this.

i have a real life example of this. a league i run every year w my friends and family always had 4pts for teh reasons already stated. but that just made it so QBs were drafted starting in the mid to late rounds, bc the difference between teh elite and just good QBs wasnt worth spending an early rd pick on. bumping up teh TDs to 6 pts, dropping it from 25 yds to 20yds a point, and decreasing INTs to only -1 point made the difference in points scored between aaron rodgers and flacco enough that the elite QBs started getting drafted in the early rounds

and no teh first 12 picks were not QB, as there would be no point based on standard deviation. only the top tier elite Qbs got drafted early, just like Rbs and WRs. then the good QBs went in the mid rounds, and backups in the late rounds. it has created perfect balance coem draft day between QBs, RBs, and WRs....just what i wanted.

also, this allows the QBs to retain that value come trade time in the season. if teh elite QBs only score a few more points than the guy i drafted in the 8th rd, im not trading a good RB for him. no point. its all about standard deviation creating value

I pretty much agree with all of this. This is what I was coming to say.

The thing is, you only have 1 QB in your starting lineup, and sometimes you have 2,3 or even 4 RB’s and WR’s in your lineup depending on your league. By having 6 points for TD’s (I also use -3 for Int’s) the QB position scoring can be close to the scoring at the other glamour positions RB/WR.

I also use PPR (.5 for RB’s 1 for WR’s/TE’s) so this really helps the QB position keep pace with the RB/WR positions.
dmarcel2nd
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Wood Chipper » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:27 pm

4pt TD's for QB's is the way to go.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner