Discuss/Poll: Add 3 IDP Starters For 2013? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Discuss/Poll: Add 3 IDP Starters For 2013?

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Discuss/Poll: Add 3 IDP Starters For 2013?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:38 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:For the past few years, I've thought about adding some IDP's to our starting requirements. We only start 5, and there are always decent IDP options on the WW. Since we only have to start 1 DL, most owners only roster 2 (1 owner only has 1 DL). I think we should expand our rosters to 40, and I think we should add 3 IDP's to our starting requirements.

Right now we start:

DL
DL/LB
LB
LB/DB
DB

In true flex-factor fashion, dream & I came up with this:

DL
DT
DL/LB
DL/LB/DB
DL/LB/DB

LB/DB
CB
DB

It would make us have to start a DT & CB, and now we'd have 8 O & D starters.

bungle613 wrote:I have no problems with increasing the roster sizes and starting slots but am a little concerned that it may be done this year. Alot of owners, I would say most, do not have a starting CB or DT currently on roster. It may not be an issue as alot may be available in the draft but I would guess the top few are gone possibly giving a decent advantage to ceratin owners.

Just an observation for now, I will take a look at flea and who is available.

Unless someone brings up another possible rule change, this will be our last poll/discussion for this offseason. ;-D

In my original post (page 7 of the 'rules changes' thread), I said that dream & I were thinking about proposing this for 2012. We discussed this after bungles post, and we decided that it would probably be better if we propose this change for 2013. This way no one will have to use the rookie/FA draft and/or free agency just to be able to field a starting lineup this year. We'll all have this offseason, the entire 2012 season, and next offseason to get our rosters ready for this change in 2013.

I've been thinking about doing this for a while, and I LOVE what dream & I came up with. Please vote yes or no on adding 3 IDP starters for 2013. I obviously vote "yes". ;-D

I'll keep track of the poll here. Since this proposal is for 2013, this poll will need 75% of the vote to pass. ;-D

YES for adding 3 IDP starters for 2013
FNJ
SW
onnestabe
mooch
stomper
bungle
water boy
dream
mattb47

NO for adding 3 IDP starters for 2013
Crime

;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Discuss/Poll: Add 3 IDP Starters For 2013?

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:54 pm

I vote yes, But why can't we go

DE
DT
DL/LB
DL/LB/DB
DL/LB/DB
LB/DB
CB
S

Thoughts?
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:05 pm

I vote no for adding 3 IDP starters if 2 must be DT and CB since it would give teams an advantage that already have a DT or CB. I would vote yes to adding 3 IDP players if we make it 1 DL 1 LB and 1 DB or if we make it 3 Flex IDP.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:52 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Right now we start:

DL
DL/LB
LB
LB/DB
DB

In true flex-factor fashion, dream & I came up with this:

DL
DT
DL/LB
DL/LB/DB
DL/LB/DB

LB/DB
CB
DB

SeaWolf wrote:I vote yes, But why can't we go

DE
DT
DL/LB
DL/LB/DB
DL/LB/DB
LB/DB
CB
S

Thoughts?

I like our proposal better because DL & DB give more "Flex"ibilty to our lineups (instead of DE & S)...and it obviously goes more with the "flex" theme of the league.

Crimedogg32 wrote:I vote no for adding 3 IDP starters if 2 must be DT and CB since it would give teams an advantage that already have a DT or CB. I would vote yes to adding 3 IDP players if we make it 1 DL 1 LB and 1 DB or if we make it 3 Flex IDP.

flotsamnjetsam wrote:In true flex-factor fashion, dream & I came up with this:

DL
DT
DL/LB
DL/LB/DB
DL/LB/DB

LB/DB
CB
DB

In our proposal, you only have to start 1 DT & 1 CB. So I guess your vote is "yes"?

bungle brought up the point of owners already having DT's & CB's getting an advantage, but here's what I posted about that in the "rule changes" thread:

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I have no problems with increasing the roster sizes and starting slots but am a little concerned that it may be done this year. Alot of owners, I would say most, do not have a starting CB or DT currently on roster. It may not be an issue as alot may be available in the draft but I would guess the top few are gone possibly giving a decent advantage to ceratin owners.

Just an observation for now, I will take a look at flea and who is available.

Also, not many DT's and CB's are rostered. Out of the 26 rostered DL's, only 3 are DT's (Suh, Ngata & C.Campbell). Dockett is listed as a DT on nfl.com, but he's listed as a DE on most fantasy sites. Out of the 41 rostered DB's, we have 14 CB's (Browner, McCourty, Webb, T.Thomas, Barber, Marshall, Tillman, Peterson, Woodson, Revis, Gamble, Hall, T.Williams & J.King).

Also, bungle was more concerned about this when we were considering this change for 2012.

;-D

EDIT: I'll wait to "register" your vote until after you respond to this post. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Yes.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby onnestabe » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:42 pm

I vote yes.

Has anyone checked fleaflicker to make sure it distinguishes between DL and DT as well as between S and CB? I've never seen a site make that distinction, and I think it would be overly difficult to police this manually.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:08 pm

onnestabe wrote:I vote yes.

Has anyone checked fleaflicker to make sure it distinguishes between DL and DT as well as between S and CB? I've never seen a site make that distinction, and I think it would be overly difficult to police this manually.

I touched on this in the "rule changes" thread on page 7:

viewtopic.php?t=320217&start=60

flotsamnjetsam wrote:dream and I want to bring this up as a proposed rule change, but we might have to wait until 2013. Right now flea doesn't break down IDP's into CB's & DT's...they lump them all into DB's & DL's. This thread on the flea forum talks about this issue. It starts by saying they will try to have this done by 2012, but the most recent posts in the thread say that it won't happen until 2013:

http://www.fleaflicker.com/topic?forumsTopicId=20476

So for 2012, flea doesn't designate between DE/DT and CB/S (they lump them all into DL's & DB's). Hopefully flea will do what they said and have this available for 2013. ;-D

Also on page 7 of the "rule changes" thread, Kilroy mentioned that he'd like to move the league to MFL (if he can get it comped or discounted). MFL designates between DE/DT and CB/S. So that's a possibility for the future. I'm just hoping that flea makes the changes (like they said they would) for 2013. This way, we can stay on flea and not have to move because of this proposed change. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:32 pm

I meant 2 as in 1 DT and 1 CB so I vote no.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:17 am

I vote yes - my team sucked last year and no rule change is gonna affect it, lol! Making the offense and defense equal makes sense.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby bungle613 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:21 am

I am cool with this for 2013. I think all of us are skilled enough at FF to be prepared a year from now with a year of waiver wire and 2 drafts available to us.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League